·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spy Photos: 2013 Ford Flex Facelift
By Mike Magrath
May 3, 2011
Edmund's IL

When the Ford Flex first went on sale in 2009, it was a refreshing, pleasantly boxy alternative to the current crop of similarly shaped minivans. Unfortunately, like so many things that are refreshing and different, the Flex quickly faded into the background after an initial spike. Too bad, too, because it's good.

Full text at link

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ok, am I the only one to look at this car and wonder why a notchback sedan couldn't come from this (in some form) to replace the Crown Victoria? Also, as a specialty version off this platform, make the wheelbase shorter, offer only as a 2-door and offer a "woody" package. My logic here has to do with the early '50's Fords that offered 2-door wagons. This whole concept could be incorporated into a "surfer" package. Offer the vehicle in bright summer colors, wood panels on the side and back. Maybe even work a deal with a surf board company to supply the surf boards. Do people still surf (other than the internet) these days? This with an EB 3.5 would make for an interesting concept car for an upcoming auto show..........hint hint.

·
Registered
607 Posts
A Flex-based sedan would be a great flagship for Lincoln. As a Police Interceptor, though, it would likely be much costlier than the Explorer-based PI Utility, which should have sufficient rear legroom. I wish Ford had made the NextGen PI Sedan from the 2008-2009 Taurus - it had more usable interior and trunk space than the 2010+ Taurus.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I am curious to see the front, it almost looks like the grille and headlights will be integrated somehow with those chrome strips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts