Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Spy Shot: Ford Figo Updates

The rear tail lamps looked different. A Dumbbell shaped clear patch of plastic was present on them instead of the production version’s quadrilateral indicator pod.

We compared the defunct Ford Fusion’s stop lamp with the Figo’s and understood they were different. So the customers suggesting the rear of the Figo is similar to the phased out Fiesta prompting Ford to take corrective measure is ruled out as a possibility.

Vendors are usually requested several designs of components and perhaps the stop lamp on the Figo mule was an early prototype from the tail light supplier? Or is Ford changing the stop lamp’s design for unknown reasons?

Read more: http://indianautosblog.com/2010/06/spied-ford-figo-test-mule-with-different-tail-lamp#ixzz0r92XM1Rf

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I think the tail lights on the Figo that just went on sale in India looks ok, the white portion blends well with the shape of the rear window.

I think its just an engine tester...maybe the 1.0EB.
Whats the latest news on the availability of EB engines in Fords made in India and Asia?
1.0EB, 1.6EB, 2.0EB etc.

Lately most of the news on EB engines have been limited to Europe and North America?

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Whats the latest news on the availability of EB engines in Fords made in India and Asia?
1.0EB, 1.6EB, 2.0EB etc.

Lately most of the news on EB engines have been limited to Europe and North America?
I believe India and the SouthEast Asian area will be getting them, but not for a couple years. This might just be an early tester (if at all)...but the Mondeo in China is getting the 2.0EB this year and the Falcon and Territory in Australia will as well.

Youll see EBs sold in every Country i think within 5 years.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I believe India and the SouthEast Asian area will be getting them, but not for a couple years. This might just be an early tester (if at all)...but the Mondeo in China is getting the 2.0EB this year and the Falcon and Territory in Australia will as well.

Youll see EBs sold in every Country i think within 5 years.
I really hope they do offer the EcoBoost engine in the next gen Focus here in South East Asia, our current Focus Mk2 (made in the Philippines) is available with 3 engines, the 1.8 Duratec HE (E20), 2.0 Duratec HE (E20) and the 2.0 TDCi.

When I saw the initial specs of the 2011/12 USDM Focus and showed that it had a 155hp naturally aspirated 2.0 liter engine instead of the 150hp or 180hp 1.6EB, I began to wonder if being global was just limited to the design and not the engines.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
I really hope they do offer the EcoBoost engine in the next gen Focus here in South East Asia, our current Focus Mk2 (made in the Philippines) is available with 3 engines, the 1.8 Duratec HE (E20), 2.0 Duratec HE (E20) and the 2.0 TDCi.

When I saw the initial specs of the 2011/12 USDM Focus and showed that it had a 155hp naturally aspirated 2.0 liter engine instead of the 150hp or 180hp 1.6EB, I began to wonder if being global was just limited to the design and not the engines.
Can i ask which country you live in?

That I think was merely the engine that they announced at that time. I believe that they will announce the engines to the Focus as it moves around the world. Im guessing you will see the Focus debut for your area at next years Bangkok show (like the Fiesta this year) with full specs in tow.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I'm from the Philippines and yes, the latest Ford model that will be launched here is the Fiesta, the Philippine launching is in August at a Motor Show. Right now they're touring a Fiesta in a giant toy box as part of their marketing (chance to win a 1:18 scale Fiesta model).

-Ford

1 - 7 of 7 Posts