Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ I had to move your post, Jose, sorry

just has nothing to do with [BlackLabel]

if anyone wants to discuss(argue) about how screwed up Lincoln-Mercury currently is with the wrong Brand on hiatus,
here's the place

ps
Jose if my tongue-in-cheek (or sticking out) thread title bothers you,
just tell me what you'd prefer
don´t worry 2b2, it is ok...I put it there because I was on my blackberry and couldn´t create a new thread I don´t know why, sorry........I just hate that kind of articles

·
Registered
64 Posts
I find it interesting, on the one hand you can argue and be right that Ford's screwing up Lincoln, but I think we should take today's Fusion announcement as a good sign. Ford needs to add those things to stay competitive. That will have to make the MKZ a better car in the future.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Newsflash: Lincoln does suck.

A company desperate for competitive vehicles shows a concept in 99% production form, based upon a platform that is already in production, and its going to take them TWO YEARS to produce it. TWO YEARS!

Look, the MKC is beautiful. But if I were in the market for that type of vehicle I would be telling Lincoln to pound sand, I'll be damned if I'm waiting that long. It is outrageous to think what financial difficulties Ford is putting Lincoln dealers through all the while taking their sweet f'ing time fixing the problem. Oh yeah, AND DEMANDING EXPENSIVE DEALERSHIP UPGRADES ON THEIR PART.

Honest to God, if this isn't the most asinine revelation regarding the re-birth of Lincoln then I'm sitting on pins and needles just waiting to hear what absurdity they'll present next. I mean seriously, what are they going to do, take over a year to produce a new trim level for the MKZ? Wait, you mean they're doing that TOO?

LMAO their competition have to be laughing all the way to the bank. Every company selling a direct competitor to the not confirmed for production MKC had to be dreading competing with such a beautiful vehicle. Fastest growing segment in luxury vehicles and Lincoln is in no hurry to join the fight.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Ford sucks . . .

______. . . the LIFE OUT of LINCOLN

ex#1:
The cooled seats and inflatable seat belts. :D Things like that make me cross over to the dark side, black label side if you will, more and more...lol
altho these^ don't horrify me (maybe cuz other mainstream mfgs include them)

back when I learned the Taurus got the MKS's invisible B-pillar keypad I WAS PISSED

I *still* am

If Ford thinks they can cherry-pick Lincoln features (I don't give a [email protected] who paid for them),
then Lincoln IS as good as murdered.

As I thought back when Mercury was put on hiatus,
FoMoCo should just switch their namesake Ford Brand to ultra-Lux and make a mid and entry brand BELOW

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just posted an idea on GMI for more fully using this black label to their advantage. With Indulgence, on MKT, Navigator, and MKS; give the rear passengers fold down tables made of either black granite, obsidian, or some exotic black or super dark colored wood, give the owner 2 drinking glasses made in Great Britain (to compliment Bridge of Weir leather), give special cup holders designed to fit the drinking glasses, a beverage cooler between the seats, and chocolate truffles and Johnny Walker Double Black. The drinking glasses would be special black glass editions. :cool: Do I have any takers? Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Also I will add the Fusion is getting a heated steering wheel... again why does a FORD need a heated steering wheel?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great safety feature offered, across the board.
Why is THAT a bad thing?
Does anyone else even offer this?
I don´t think that is bad wingsnut, but if there is a lot of people talking bad things about your luxury brand, how bad it is differentiated, that ford products look too similar to the lincoln products, why offer the same things in Lincoln and Ford.......Lincoln is the luxury brand, it should have more "things".

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Newsflash: Lincoln does suck.

A company desperate for competitive vehicles shows a concept in 99% production form, based upon a platform that is already in production, and its going to take them TWO YEARS to produce it. TWO YEARS!

Look, the MKC is beautiful. But if I were in the market for that type of vehicle I would be telling Lincoln to pound sand, I'll be damned if I'm waiting that long. It is outrageous to think what financial difficulties Ford is putting Lincoln dealers through all the while taking their sweet f'ing time fixing the problem. Oh yeah, AND DEMANDING EXPENSIVE DEALERSHIP UPGRADES ON THEIR PART.

Honest to God, if this isn't the most asinine revelation regarding the re-birth of Lincoln then I'm sitting on pins and needles just waiting to hear what absurdity they'll present next. I mean seriously, what are they going to do, take over a year to produce a new trim level for the MKZ? Wait, you mean they're doing that TOO?

LMAO their competition have to be laughing all the way to the bank. Every company selling a direct competitor to the not confirmed for production MKC had to be dreading competing with such a beautiful vehicle. Fastest growing segment in luxury vehicles and Lincoln is in no hurry to join the fight.
I agree 100% with your coment

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don´t think that is bad wingsnut, but if there is a lot of people talking bad things about your luxury brand, how bad it is differentiated, that ford products look too similar to the lincoln products, why offer the same things in Lincoln and Ford.......Lincoln is the luxury brand, it should have more "things".
It wouldn't bother me so much if Lincoln would get these features first and then let them rollout to Ford models a few years later. But the lines between Lincoln and Ford are too blurred (imho) for Lincoln to be taken seriously as a true luxury car.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
It wouldn't bother me so much if Lincoln would get these features first and then let them rollout to Ford models a few years later. But the lines between Lincoln and Ford are too blurred (imho) for Lincoln to be taken seriously as a true luxury car.
Also its not even a few years its one year at most

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yeah, this may be the post Wings finally kills me for.

Lincoln is basically crap right now. Let's face it: the MKZ is the only big sales success in the brand, the MKX is solid but is basically a trim-and-appearance option group for an Edge. The Navigator has been eye-rape since the current version debuted, and was outclassed by everything in its class at the time...which is years back. It's even more obsolete now. The MKS? I can't remember a single review that didn't have something like "or buy a Taurus SHO for 8 grand less, which is as good and arguably better looking". The Taurus and MKS both desperately need to get off of their evolved-but-aged Volvo bones. The MKT (which I actually like, and I love the Flex that it's based on) can't crack 1K sales per month to save its oddly-shaped ass.

Lincoln basically IS Mercury. The separation from its donor Ford vehicles is largely cosmetic with some minor (electronic suspension, mostly) technical bits involved. The MKS and the MKZ have to deal with less-expensive siblings that are also very stylish and very good vehicles in their own right. There's nothing in a Lincoln showroom that doesn't have an obvious Ford sibling that may be parked only feet away, with considerable savings in the deal. Lincoln is a trim brand for Ford at this time.

Which reminds some people like me of the days when you bought a Ford because you liked the Torino's price...or you bought a Mercury because you'd pay a little more for different styling and more standard equipment.

This is NOT an unfair comparison of a buyer looking at a Fusion and an MKZ at the same dealership. The Lincoln comes with a V6 option, granted...but it's the same V6 you found in a Fusion Sport recently.

Speaking of Fusion Sport...WHEN, DAMMIT?!?

(cough)

Anyway...I'm already in trouble on another Ford site for pointing these things out, but I believe some Ford/Lincoln (and especially Mercury) fans have as much reason to be pissed off about Lincoln (AND MERCURY) as they have reason to be proud of Ford right now. We've read and heard how seriously things were being addressed at Lincoln for a few generations of management, now. We'd get glimpses in the forms of the LS, the Mark VIII, and even the last Continental which had a motor, a suspension, and very differentiated styling that the donor Taurus couldn't touch. Now, the only powertrain difference between the Fusion and the MKZ exists because the Ford lost an engine option. The rest of the Lincoln lineup are similarly unable to separate themselves from their more common Ford donor cars, although the MKT does offer...unique...styling. Even with my strange affection for that beast, I'd take a Flex instead as I understand the 3rd row in the MKT is f**king worthless.

Do NOT mistake these rants from myself and others for a desire to see Lincoln fail. Quite the opposite, we want to see Lincoln earn its place among true luxury marques. It's been horrid to watch brands like Lexus just step into the fight with Benz, Audi, and BMW while Lincoln was apparently selling vehicles only to octogenarians in Florida. Some of us that saw Ford's comeback in the 80's followed by laziness in the 90's and disaster to open the 2000's have heard it all too many times.

I'd LOVE to see a Lincoln flagship really fight it out with the A8, 7 series, S-Class, and others in a straight fight. I'd love Lincoln to do a better "LS" that became a standard-bearer in the mid-sized luxury class.

I'd love Lincoln to take the fight to brands besides Acura and Buick, along with the Lexus ES series. I fuggin' HATE that I've spent so long watching Lincoln do nothing to define itself in a meaningful way.

And yeah, 2b2...the fact that modern Lincoln is everything Mercury got killed for being makes it that much worse.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts