·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fomoco,

Having seen the dramatic beautification of the superTaurus
(ie camo & renderings),
WHAT ABOUT THE PANTHERS???
(ie MGM, MercuryGrandMarquis, & TownCar - the CV just doesn't count for retail of any kind anymore imho)

Now I'm NOT talking about major mechanical improvements like those needed to EcoBoostIFY the D3 - I'm positive the Panther platform can take the most powerful 5.0v8 or 3.5EB that will get past the Media's+CongressCritters' nonsense...
just
make 'em look GOOD :cool: please?
and
if you can improve the packaging & ergonomics a skoshe and trim the fat(overhangs) ...all the better.

C'mon - ya did great with the TurtleTopsian (Fordish IN-joke),
had even more practice with the 2010 CD3's...
YOU'RE ON A ROLL!
and something tells me there's time enough left to justify the makeover...

DON'T let the Panthers go out whimpering like [strike]ugly[/strike]
...unwanted... ducklings
-Give them a swansong that'll make us want the new tune of the GRwdP all the more!
-Don't let them leave a bad taste in our mouths when they COULD be an appetizer for a new Rwd main course
- DON'T YOU HAVE ANY SELF-RESPECT??? i mean REALLY! Would any decent restaurant have MoldyMeatloaf next to FiletMignon on their menu???

sincerely,
(& sorry about the meatloaf crack - actually I *love* meatloaf ...when fresh & hot ;))
2b2

serving suggestions
mild (Porterhouse):

wild (Steak au Poivre habanero?):

TouringCar (aka ChâteauBriand):

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
As much as I love the Wild one my opinion is that the Panther platform should be humanely euthanized as soon as the current modification runs its course.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I agree that the bottom chop is the best. I think it looks great.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks re: the chops guys - they've been posted before
just threw them in for what-the-heck...
...my opinion is that the Panther platform should be humanely euthanized as soon as the current modification runs its course.
yeah
it's just that I keep reading that Panther production will continue to 2012 (cy? my?) and either way "It's just not right" that they drag on with out something being done for/to them
&
I really question if it wouldn't be practical to continue them indefinitely FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT & LIVERY
*IF* affordable re-configuration (packaging & overhang-ectomy) was given the OK
then
Would it be sooooo hard to have a different grille+front bumper+trunklid for a retail version?
...maybe not badged as F or M or L but just [F.M.C.]?

Eventually they'll be gone... (not sure how they'll ever be replaced tho)
...my concern is the impact of "dolling up" the rest of their vehicles while leaving these 'bruised veterans' on-the-list with mere 'bandaids' to make it all 'alright' :(

I don't consider ^that^ humane
or good business!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts