Ford Inside News banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/bmw-inext-electric-suvs-polygonal-steering-wheel-interacts-with-the-driver-like-no-other/

P.S.: Off topic, Mooseman is showing a dangerous level of aggressiveness in his post. Perhaps it has to do with the fact of being caught defending the indefensible and that he is not accustomed to having people who discuss and discount what he says. I recommend taking it easy and not assume the same behavior.
...lol. Really? I’ve been called all kinds of names in these posts and generally try to keep it on topic, but at some time maybe people who literally have zero experience with the subject they’re addressing should fess up to it. Say something like, though I have no experience with EVs, they don’t appeal to me because XYZ, and the leave it at that. Then stop attacking those of us who prefer them in a thread about the biggest EV maker. In other words, act like an adult instead of a child. It is ok to not know everything.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
When did this once great site devolve into a cesspool of phallus measuring, and straw man arguments?

Oh, we will start talking about phalluses? :grin2: We need to open a new section about that. Are the pics welcome? >:) :wink2:

·
Registered
546 Posts
When did this once great site devolve into a cesspool of phallus measuring, and straw man arguments?

Oh, we will start talking about phalluses? /forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png We need to open a new section about that. Are the pics welcome? /forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png /forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
...oh we already have an over abundance of dick heads here.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Falcon, you are truly brutal to Tesla's image.

hehe

They say that solar and wind can't even provide 10-20% of the world’s energy needs today, let alone as they forecast a huge energy demand increase in coming decades. And the impact of all the mining needed for the materials for all these solar panels and the batteries to store energy, is no small danger to our planet. Additionally, wind mills have become large scale bird killers, cutting 1.2million in half per year -- today. Imagine when they scale that up. All while scientists continue to disagree on everything. Don't believe the 4 out of 5 dentist’s fallacy many are promoting, that's complete propaganda, fueled by fear and emotion. Talk about a movie of the week, that our elitist lifestyles are pushing the delicate Earth to a point of no return. In the history of the Earth, we are currently living in the 10% coldest cycle, as 90% of Earth’s history has been warmer than it is today, and that CO2 has existed for millions of years 10-fold what it is today. This is according to at least 31K scientists who signed a document conferring this climate science theory.

Anyway, lest anyone reply with a dumb comment about doing nothing as the only other alternative......I am a huge fan of cleaning up our Earth in many ways and leaving a smaller footprint than we do, but I am not a fan of the politically motivated alarmist BS that wants to alter our lifestyles so dramatically, all for a theory that some believe.

Below is a great discussion by a renown climate physicist, who discusses all the above, and taking it one step further, that more CO2 is welcome.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
This will be more dangerous for Tesla than a Walmart´s solar panels fires or a pirotecnic Model 3 that caugh fire alone.....

Against this:

·
Registered
546 Posts
This will be more dangerous for Tesla than a Walmart´s solar panels fires or a pirotecnic Model 3 that caugh fire alone.....

Against this:

...the Taycan will run you $140k sometime late next year if you get in line now, before “Porsche Optioned” (so figure another $20-30k on top). The Model S you can pick up for, right now, $80k...with 370mi of range that the Porsche will lag considerably.

The Porsche looks fantastic. Love to have one, but the price is eye-wateringingly high. Still, looks great.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well, changed my order to the Mod 3P. What the ****, you only live once. Since my Chevy dealer wanted $5k just to hold my place for maybe a Vette by end of next year, I’ll just spend that $5k on a Performance 3 and have fun those 12 months instead.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well, changed my order to the Mod 3P. What the ****, you only live once. Since my Chevy dealer wanted $5k just to hold my place for maybe a Vette by end of next year, I’ll just spend that $5k on a Performance 3 and have fun those 12 months instead.
The good news is Tesla doesn't have Dealerships or waiting rooms, so no worry about your spending countless hours and visits there!

Attraction to the Model 3 is amazing, what is it, certainly not curb appeal.........

·
Registered
546 Posts
The good news is Tesla doesn't have Dealerships or waiting rooms, so no worry about your spending countless hours and visits there!

Attraction to the Model 3 is amazing, what is it, certainly not curb appeal.........
...I don’t get people’s claim that the 3 has no curb appeal. My deep blue Model 3 P is pretty stunning in person. It looks as good as any small sports sedan on the road. Better than any gape mouthed Mercedes, Infiniti, or Lexus (LC excluded), for sure...and it smokes all of them.

·
Registered
546 Posts

Ummm... I feel more excited with this ...
/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_devil.png/forums/images/FordInsideNews_2015/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png
...big words coming from a guy who is buying a gutless tin can Mercedes.

“The A-Class, especially with the enormo-screen option, has the potential to be a feelgood car. It’s solid, quiet if you don’t nail it, smooth-riding if you spec carefully, well-made, safe. There’s more affirmation in the fact that if you buy a Mercedes-Benz, no-one will question you.

But pick away at it and the argument has holes. The small petrol engine might be all-new but it’s unrefined and not even very economical. The A180d is a bit of a slug. The cornering is none too engaging. Back-seat room is nothing special. In these fundamentals, it hasn’t moved the class on.

Still, it doesn’t pander to the traditional road-test criteria. It has some real wow factor with the connectivity, which to some people is a greater priority than any of that ‘handling’ palaver. If you look at the way most people drive, the A-Class probably does what will make them happy. When its rivals catch up in terms of screen acreage, though, it could be in serious trouble.”

Who is driving the appliance? The one whose entire draw is LCD screens or the sports sedan that outruns an M3? LOL!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
...big words coming from a guy who is buying a gutless tin can Mercedes.

“The A-Class, especially with the enormo-screen option, has the potential to be a feelgood car. It’s solid, quiet if you don’t nail it, smooth-riding if you spec carefully, well-made, safe. There’s more affirmation in the fact that if you buy a Mercedes-Benz, no-one will question you.

But pick away at it and the argument has holes. The small petrol engine might be all-new but it’s unrefined and not even very economical. The A180d is a bit of a slug. The cornering is none too engaging. Back-seat room is nothing special. In these fundamentals, it hasn’t moved the class on.

Still, it doesn’t pander to the traditional road-test criteria. It has some real wow factor with the connectivity, which to some people is a greater priority than any of that ‘handling’ palaver. If you look at the way most people drive, the A-Class probably does what will make them happy. When its rivals catch up in terms of screen acreage, though, it could be in serious trouble.”

Who is driving the appliance? The one whose entire draw is LCD screens or the sports sedan that outruns an M3? LOL!

My father had a beautiful cream color 250S from 1963 (the year I was born). The memories in that car are spectacular. I have not found the quality, the safety that a Mercedes-Benz gave in any other car. And that is a good reason to buy an A-Class.

I don't have to explain in rational words why I have decided to buy a Mercedes-Benz. It is a purchase, more than rational (which it is also), emotional. And that is what it is about. In the city where I live, public transport is excellent, so having a car is something that has more to do with passion than with reason. I know that the A-Class is not the best or the most efficient or the most powerfull compact car sold in Europe, but it is the one that causes me the most. It is the one that arouses more emotion and enthusiasm. Is like purchase a pony car like a Mustang. There are many cars that can go faster in a more efficient way than a Mustang (a Tesla Model 3 can do it of course...) , but the emotion that involve to own a Mustang is incomparable with anything else. For me, a Tesla, however, is a refrigerator or a mixer. No matter it is faster than a M3 or a Ferrari. For me, is only a good home appliance...

:x

P.S.: And in your textual quote about the few things in wich the A-Class is good (“The A-Class, especially with the enormo-screen option, has the potential to be a feelgood car. It’s solid, quiet if you don’t nail it, smooth-riding if you spec carefully, well-made, safe"), there is at least one word that reflects what a Mercedes-Benz is and not a Tesla: well made. That give me the advantage!

81 - 100 of 123 Posts