Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
WOW MERCURYSABLE08, excellent find and great looking car.

You made my day!!!

BTW, those three cars are Milan Hybrids. :D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW MERCURYSABLE08, excellent find and great looking car.

You made my day!!!

BTW, those three cars are Milan Hybrids. :D
Thanks Sobe I'm glad I made your day. :D Believe me it made my day to.

Do you Sobe or anyone else have information on what the fuel milage will be for the 2010 Milan Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I don't have any info yet but in THIS THREAD, wingsnut says that the Fusion/Milan Hybrid will deliver a significantly better fuel economy that the Camry Hybrid which has a combined fuel economy of 34 MPG.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ Great news thanks Sobe. ^^^ The new Milan and Fusion Hybrids are by far better looking than the Camry Hybrid and with better fuel mileage Ford shouldn't have problem outselling the Camry Hybrid. But we all know how people are they still believe Toyota is the best.

·
Registered
15 Posts
MERCURYSABLE08;18056.........Ford shouldn't have problem outselling the Camry Hybrid. But we all know how people are they still believe Toyota is the best.[/QUOTE said:
I agree that Ford would be able to outsell the Camry hybrid were they able to get enough hybrid components. However, I am pretty sure that Ford has already announced that they will be limited to the 20K per year just like they are on the Escape/Mariner/Tribute hybrids. This is why Ford is predicting the doubling of their hybrid sales in 2009.

However, with fuel prices dropping some of the other manufacturers that are in line ahead of Ford (i.e. toyota) for hybrid components may not need their entire allocation and this may allow Ford to move a few more units.

But with the vast improvement in the standard engine lineup and the class leading fuel economy they may be hard pressed to meet demand for the non-hybrid units much less any additional hybrids. Assuming the overall market for autos improves considerably from it's present state.

In a 15 million unit a year environment I think the new Milan, Fusion, MKZ sales would max out Hermisolla with much less than 10% fleet. These updates look to be that good to me. Not to mention these cars have a 4 year reputation of best in class quality. And now best in class fuel efficiency. Retail share should improve at the very least no matter what the overall market turns out to be.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...Do you Sobe or anyone else have information on what the fuel milage will be for the 2010 Milan Hybrid and Fusion Hybrid.
just speculation:
but someone elsewhere divided that 700 mile range by the 17.5 gallon fueltank of the current CD3 sedans = 40mpg

my speculation:
if the gastank was reduced in size to make room for batteries...

oops/edit
I'm so excited by getting to see the Milan & Fusion earlier than expected
forgot to say, "this is so exciting!!!"

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just speculation:
but someone elsewhere divided that 700 mile range by the 17.5 gallon fueltank of the current CD3 sedans = 40mpg

my speculation:
if the gastank was reduced in size to make room for batteries...

oops/edit
I'm so excited by getting to see the Milan & Fusion earlier than expected
forgot to say, "this is so exciting!!!"

That would be awesome if the Milan and Fusion Hybrids achieved 40 MPG.

I agree 2b2 this is very exciting.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now we need Ford to make this car available in a 2 dr. coupe. Would this car look good as a convertible?
I would love to see a Milan Coupe as well I think it would be a hot seller for Mercury. I think the Milan would look great as a convertible but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I really like what they've done. I would love to see this is dark red, deep blue, and jaguar green. The rear lights are nice, looks like yellow between the red so you kinda see the Mercury logo when braking. The front looks fresh and just enough chrome to give it a formal look without overkill. I like the side turn signals too. With these looks and better MPG, Milan should pick up some sales volume.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Now we need Ford to consider making the Milan into a 2 dr. coupe. How would this car look as a convertible?:)
There were plans for a Fusion/Milan coupe a couple of years ago. Those plans were shelved. If Mondeo gets a coupe ...

Coupe version of the Camry and Accord do not really sell that well.

Actually, I was surprised they brought out the 2 door Focus. I thought we would not see one until C170.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The headlights need to be wider and the grille needs to shrink a tad bit. Overall, I'd give it a B-....But it still looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great find 2b2! :D I think it looks even better in black I can't see why this wouldn't be a huge success for Mercury. The only thing I do not like about it are those rims they are awful looking in my opinion but the rest of the car looks awesome.

·
Registered
919 Posts
They look great. I cant wait to get one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts