Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The standard of the world

At some point of its history, Cadillac was "The Standard of the World". This picture show us who is the benchmark today for the "Standard of the World"....

Is a spy pic of the next Escalade...

:wink2:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was on facebook sometime ago when a young lady posted a picture of a Honda and called it "the standard of the world". It took me by surprise. I guess Cadillac lost it standard years ago. Where I was working, we called our product the "Cadillac of the industry". I guess that's not the case anymore.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The new Escalade should be coming out right around the time the Navigator is due for a mid-cycle refresh...

Hope Lincoln stays on top...especially with interiors.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Cadillac will have had plenty of time with the new Navigator so they have no excuse for not getting it right. One big advantage is probably going to be the addition of the Blackwing 4.2TT engine with 550/627! It'll surely be an optional engine, but from an image standpoint it'll help.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Cadillac will have had plenty of time with the new Navigator so they have no excuse for not getting it right. One big advantage is probably going to be the addition of the Blackwing 4.2TT engine with 550/627! It'll surely be an optional engine, but from an image standpoint it'll help.

I would hope to see some similar hybridization in the facelift Navi that would bring her right around that power level with much better fuel economy! Here's to hoping :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
...sure, but Ford will have a plug-in hybrid Navi. No telling what engine it would get paired with, but if it is the 3.5TT, it should be north of 700lb-ft given the electric motor adds 210+ lb-ft to the Aviator. The Navi would likely be 500/725 with the 3.5. I think that would be “ok.” 😉

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I would hope to see some similar hybridization in the facelift Navi that would bring her right around that power level with much better fuel economy! Here's to hoping :)
...sure, but Ford will have a plug-in hybrid Navi. No telling what engine it would get paired with, but if it is the 3.5TT, it should be north of 700lb-ft given the electric motor adds 210+ lb-ft to the Aviator. The Navi would likely be 500/725 with the 3.5. I think that would be “ok.” 😉
Great points both of ya!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Re: The standard of the world

At some point of its history, Cadillac was "The Standard of the World". This picture show us who is the benchmark today for the "Standard of the World"....

Is a spy pic of the next Escalade...

:wink2:
According to Bob Lutz
Now Ford has the new Expedition, which is a phenomenally good vehicle, and the Lincoln Navigator, which when I look at it, I think that's what the Bentley Bentayga should have looked like. Great powertrain, beautiful, beautiful world-class interiors and a good exterior.
Read More @ https://www.autonews.com/executives/bob-lutz-ford-gm-carlos-ghosn-powerful-execs-and-future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts