1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.6 Turbo Chevrolet Cruze – Sighted at long last
14 October 2010
www.chinacartimes.com

The Chevrolet Cruze has become an exceptionally popular compact sedan in China and is giving other compact sedans, such as the Ford Focus, a run for its money in China. It could be that the Cruze’s adverts which featured Michael Scofield from the hit show Prison Break (which was never actually aired in China, but gained a cult following on the internet), thanks to Scofield’s prison break style advert where he is being pursued through a city by the usual goons in trucks and helicopter, the Cruze has become a big hit – in September alone it sold 17,300 units.

Full text and gallery at link

·
Banned
204 Posts
Hopefully they bring something like this over to the states...but instead of the 1.6, give it the 260 HP 2.0, that would be my next car.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
already been, very interesting place.
my g/f's best friend went to China she said there were a ton of Buicks and Skodas

·
Registered
414 Posts
I saw my first Cruze on the road last week. It was actually a pretty nice looking car. I do think GM faces an uphill battle with the general public recognizing it as something other than a Cobalt however.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I saw my first Cruze on the road last week. It was actually a pretty nice looking car. I do think GM faces an uphill battle with the general public recognizing it as something other than a Cobalt however.
Is it? LOL . . .

GM lovers don't blow a gasket, is just a joke, I know it is a Daewoo :)

·
Banned
204 Posts
I agree, people just need to actually go look at it and drive it instead of criticizing it from a far... Once you sit in the Cruze and drive it, it takes about a half of a second to realize this car is light-years better then the Cobalt...

I think the biggest problem that is going to face the Cruze is the lack of name recognition, the Cruze is really going to have to build a name for itself, the product is there, lets see how the consumers respond.

what would really help is if GM brings over the Cruze hatch...No excuse for that vehicle not to be here within the next 10-18 months, Get it done GM...

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
already been, very interesting place.
Very interesting place. Comunism, no liberties or human rigths, no freedom to speak or think, no dissidence possibilities, and the more savage state capitalism in the world

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
I agree, people just need to actually go look at it and drive it instead of criticizing it from a far... Once you sit in the Cruze and drive it, it takes about a half of a second to realize this car is light-years better then the Cobalt...

I think the biggest problem that is going to face the Cruze is the lack of name recognition, the Cruze is really going to have to build a name for itself, the product is there, lets see how the consumers respond.

what would really help is if GM brings over the Cruze hatch...No excuse for that vehicle not to be here within the next 10-18 months, Get it done GM...
GM need to change the name of its compact cars every generation because no one is good enough to continue with life. Remember the Nova?, the X-car ( Citation), the Cavalier, the Cobalt and ,now, the Cruze. At least, every one carry the letter "C" in its name! hahahahahahaha.......!!!!

No Focus in GM, a compact car with a good name and reputation

·
Banned
204 Posts
17000 sold in China or globally? i think is globally, because the chinese market is big, but not too big for that....
Uh no, that's just China... Cruze has been a hot seller in pretty muc every country its been launched in, hopefully it gets the same love in NA

·
Registered
717 Posts
Sorry but I have sat in it, taken pictures of it and driven it a bunch of times. It is still a Meh car. My good friend owns a dealership that sells them so I have been all over this car in and out.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think the Cruze will sell great. All the GM faithful will be tickled silly with it, as it is a light years better car than the Cobalt. Thus, they have a built in audience.

The hard part, will be convincing all of those happy Civic/Corolla/Focus/etc buyers to give it a try. Much as in fullsize trucks, they have no compelling reason to switch. While the Corolla may be the Toyota equivelant of the Cavalier, its owners seem to be very happy with it. Otherwise, they wouldn't keep buying them, one after another.

Frankly, I would rather own a first gen Hyundai Accel, then a Corolla..................... but I wouldn't really have to worry about that, as there are probably only 2 still on the roads. :)

The Cruze is a good car. I just don't know if it is a compelling enough entry, to bring in the conquest sales.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I feel the Cruze's styling has gotten stale only because I have seen it several years before like everyone else here. To the public that are not car enthusiasts they have not so it may be different for them. Also the Cruze does not offer Projectors... kind of a bummer

·
Registered
414 Posts
I feel the Cruze's styling has gotten stale only because I have seen it several years before like everyone else here. To the public that are not car enthusiasts they have not so it may be different for them.
That's what I'm not sure of - Had I not known about the Cruze, I think I would have thought the one I saw was a Cobalt. That's the uphill battle GM faces with it IMHO.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
That's what I'm not sure of - Had I not known about the Cruze, I think I would have thought the one I saw was a Cobalt. That's the uphill battle GM faces with it IMHO.
The other thing is GM has lied several times about their small cars

We promise the next Cavalier will not be like the last one... whoops
We promise the Colbalt wil not be like the Cavilier... whoops
WE REALLY PROMISE THIS TIME THE CRUZE WILL NOT BE LIKE THE COBALT....

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, that is it exactly. GM has, in essence, "cried wolf" for so many years, that noone believes what they say, when it comes to compact cars.

All of the name changes in the world, cannot help GM escape their "we make crappy cars" stigma.

Look at the Malibu. In pretty much all aspects, the car is very competitive. Yet, it has not made the inroads that GM expected it to (well, unless you count rental counters and government fleets). Still, to this day, GM seems surprised by this.

At least Ford has understood that the Fusion would not be a world beater, right off the bat. They know that their reputation for cars sucked for many years. Thus, they are happy with incrimental improvements in sales. These happy customers will produce more happy customers for years to come.

The Focus, luckily, has started to outlive its stigma. With great reliability for 8 years, and a great driving experience, the car has a pretty good reputation. It helps that they didn't change names 3 times.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts