Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The "Predator" face of Lexus have a competition for the more exagerated, big, bold and in-your-face grille: the new BMW 4. The car is all about the twin kidney grille. Is so big, that the rest of the car go unnoticed. Is a concept car that preview the next 4 series, an atractive coupe without a Hofmeister kink, but with that grille who screams BMW.

Here the link: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/09/bmw-concept-4-chris-bangle-come-back-all-is-forgiven/

Here the pics:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've for a long time felt that BMW's attempts of evolving the kidney grille have been a little scrappy, and maybe it's just a dead end. Perhaps they should move away from it and try something else.

Besides that it's a gorgeous design.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've for a long time felt that BMW's attempts of evolving the kidney grille have been a little scrappy, and maybe it's just a dead end. Perhaps they should move away from it and try something else.

Besides that it's a gorgeous design.

I think they need to keep the essentials of the brand. The brand lost the Hofmeister kink in the rear window... and now that grille... I think the designers can do a better work with this element. This grille is unacceptable for a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The "Predator" face of Lexus have a competition for the more exagerated, big, bold and in-your-face grille: the new BMW 4. The car is all about the twin kidney grille. Is so big, that the rest of the car go unnoticed. Is a concept car that preview the next 4 series, an atractive coupe without a Hofmeister kink, but with that grille who screams BMW.

So, if this was a Cadillac concept I'd say don't worry, it won't look anything like the production vehicle.

Being BMW, I think we will see a clear resemblence of this. Toned down a bit, it would make a decent M440i, toned down even more, and I think you will see the standard 430.

Reactions: falcon lover
1 - 5 of 5 Posts