Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
^ sorta^/paraphrased from the 4th of July Poll:
"Get out your Cristal™(champagne), V8-Belchfires, party-hats,
or mood-stabilizer of choice..."
How much will Oil/Gas be on Labor Day?
...seemed like a good/bewildering time to post this
with Oil dropping so much lately/currently!...

over $130-barrel / $4-gallon or more
$120-130 / $3.50+
$120-130 / under $3.50
$110-120 / $3.50+
$110-120 / under $3.50
$100-110 / $3.50+
$100-110 / under $3.50
under $100 / $3-ish or less

note:
- kept the GasPrice kinda unrelated to OilPrice drops cuz... Well that's how BigOIL does us/it, right?
- the price-spread's a bit tighter (still with 2 GasPrice choices per Oil $ range),
- & since gas prices vary significantly by locale... well, pick what you want:
your local petrol-pusher,
the highest on the news,
or national-Avg.
)

+
a write-in rant-able Extra --
- Were the 140/$4++ prices a 'bubble'?
- at least in part?
- (When) Will a Next-Bubble-of-Doom occur?
- How can we keep ^that^ from happening?

(really wanted to ^use^ the GUILLOTINE!!! ...again ;))

·
Registered
919 Posts
^ haven't watched the news this week yet...
tho I'm tempted to vote with you, NDW, for the lowest category... think I'll chicken out and say $100-110/under $3.50
AND
expect that (or lower) to hold thru ...ummm... "much of November"? ;) :p
I agree with u 2b2, oil is at $114 a barrel and it should be going down more.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I agree with u 2b2, oil is at $114 a barrel and it should be going down more.
I am thinking, "please come down", please collapse!!.. but its wishful thinking.
If this is when I an Egypt, oil would be free., only v8s and above would be allowed

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ hmmm.... "Mercury Chariot"... hmmmmm
&
tho I didn't watch the newsNews, I caught that oil dipped into the upper 12-dollar range during trading
but I actually believe an outright collapse would be a bad thing
- prolley put a stop on shale & tar-sand development AND we're gonna NEED those sooner or later, if only for lubricants
& well, Fomoco's got the BOSS ready-to-go (DO NOT believe otherwise!), but I don't want to see any/all the light &or high-tech stuff get moved off the front burner
& people have no sense imho about buying what they need rather than want (or have been told to want)
& even if some mfgs believe in smaller vehicles, Most mfgs will follow the money rather than be a trendsetter (takes too much work, talent, & confidence imho)
+
I just think that drastic changes in core commodities is a lousy way to run a civilization (such as it is)

&
back to NDW's TUTism, I *like* small cars
& now that the BIG-2-and-a-fraction are finally moving in that direction full-steam,
I'll POUT & threaten to hold my breath (tho not my keyboard) if they don't come thru with 'em (esp my Milanetto!!!)

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SeekingAlpha.com:
Forget $100 a Barrel - Oil Will Plummet to
$30

by: Jason Schwarz posted on: August 15, 2008

Remember all those times OPEC tried to tell us that they didn't want high oil prices and we didn't believe them? Well, they meant it. They knew that technology was available to crush oil demand but they hoped that the low price of oil would keep the technology buried. The cat's now out of the bag. The commodity run is over. The talking heads are trying to temper the recent selloff in oil by saying that it will settle around $100 a barrel but that is not what happens when a bubble bursts. Oil is headed back down to historical levels between $30-$50 a barrel. Consider the following evidence:

more

&
a 'free preview' snippet from
WSJ - Data Raise Questions On Role of Speculators

By Ann Davis
Word Count: 868 | Companies Featured in This Article: SemGroup

Data emerging on players in the commodities markets show that speculators are a larger piece of the oil market than previously known, a development enlivening an already tense election-year debate about traders' influence...

&
MoneyCentral.msn.com -$65 oil is coming (maybe)

A top analyst expects crude prices to start plummeting. If you don't believe it, you're not the only one, and a few stocks look good if you're in the skeptics' camp.

By Jon Markman

If you're frustrated over the high cost of gasoline at the pump, don't trade in your Hummer for a Vespa just yet: A leading energy analyst is telling clients these days to prepare for crude oil to retreat back below $65 per barrel over the next three years.

How could it happen? He says conservation, new drilling, efficient new vehicles, alternative energy sources, a rising dollar and a global recession will combine to blast prices back to the Stone Age -- or at least to last year's levels.

"The match has struck, the fuse has been lit, and four or five years from now OPEC producers are going to be drinking their own oil and choking on it," says Tony Kolton, the founder and president of Logical Information Machines, a provider of research to most of the world's major energy-trading companies for two decades...

more

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The drop has Sheikhs sleepless
. . . and better yet, it will leave Chávez penny less. Lets see how he keeps on playing king maker in SA without the money of the Venezuelan people.

To think that Tahoe thought I was a Chávez supporter. It must be nice being able to see the world in black and white. Too bad it isn't.

·
Registered
384 Posts
. . . and better yet, it will leave Chávez penny less. Lets see how he keeps on playing king maker in SA without the money of the Venezuelan people.

To think that Tahoe thought I was a Chávez supporter. It must be nice being able to see the world in black and white. Too bad it isn't.
The first is the part I will savor most about the lower oil prices of the moment...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts