Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I knew the Voodoo wasn't going to be Mustang only! It would sure be nice to see Ford develop a smaller, lighter, true sports car for the long term rather than limited run, outrageously expensive toys like the last GT. Don't get me wrong, I loved the GT(40), I would just like to see another elite sports car to go with the Mustang which is great, but a little large and heavy IMO.

Edit: I started this post just after Jose posted the thread and got sidetracked. Didn't mean to repeat DBorg damn near word for word!! They say great minds think alike, I don't know if that bodes well for you or not DBorg!!

:thumb:

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
have you tried downloading & lightening it, SP?

it looks incredibly retro to me
&
nothing like the function-over-form I'd expect of a GT or any racecar
I don't see anything retro about it. The lighting looks very modern, and it is very angular like the rest of the Ford lineup. The lower portion could be perforated on the outside and a splitter on the inside portion, or it could just be noise.

I don't expect Ford to try to build a long term Corvette fighter so I believe this to be another limited production mid-engined monster.

And yes, I tried lightening it but they did a good job on the image, it isn't giving anything away.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I guess this could be another blasted way-too-expensive Mustang variant, but I'm going with the Ford GT rumor :)'

And I'd also like to see a Subaru BRZ type ride from Ford, Mustang is still too big and heavy to be a properly fun and nimble sports car. But then again, might as well get a Focus ST.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
As much as I LOVE the idea of a new GT (or other Ford sports car above the Mustang), it's painfully clear that Lincoln REALLY needs some new product too...!!!
A LincStang makes sense for Lincoln as they sit right now. An Audi R8 competitor would be like an alien spaceship in the middle of a bicycle shop. I agree they need product, but halo supercar is going to do zip for Lincoln's current lineup.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
A LincStang makes sense for Lincoln as they sit right now. An Audi R8 competitor would be like an alien spaceship in the middle of a bicycle shop. I agree they need product, but halo supercar is going to do zip for Lincoln's current lineup.
VERY much Agree :thumb:
s'why my mid-engine Lincoln 2-seater only comes with a choice of 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.3-EBs
=
fun/exhileration
rather than
intimidation

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I just crapped myself.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
But in all seriousness, I want this to have partial electric drive (maybe driving the front), an all aluminum body, and a starting price of 70K.

·
Registered
287 Posts
How sure are we of this picture's authenticity? I hope it's real, anyways. I'm not well-versed in high end sports cars, obviously, but does the angular-ness of the photo remind anyone else of lamborghini's?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts