Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
So slower, smaller, more expensive, and less efficient than a Model 3. They’re sure to sell loads of them.
Also infinitely more attractive, far better built, and much quicker/easier to refuel.
...there is nothing attractive about the melted bar of soap look of an A-Class. And nothing is easier than my car being fully charged every morning I wake up. Better built? Maybe. But, it will depreciate faster, so the A has that going for it...

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Talking about "melted bar of soap"...

I dont know you, but I really know wich of these pics could serve as a perfect poster in a cars lover teen´s bedroom...

:wink2:

·
Registered
546 Posts
LOL, no kidding. A bar of soap is correct. And call me when any BEV can take me to Florida without the hassle of planned/delayed charging locations.
LOL. Ever the Luddite. I’m sure once the Mach E gets here, suddenly your opinion on BEVs will change.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL. Ever the Luddite. I’m sure once the Mach E gets here, suddenly your opinion on BEVs will change.

The informations on the Mach E sugest the car will be whatever except a “melted bar of soap”. Maybe this help to change the opinions about EVs

·
Registered
618 Posts
...there is nothing attractive about the melted bar of soap look of an A-Class. And nothing is easier than my car being fully charged every morning I wake up. Better built? Maybe. But, it will depreciate faster, so the A has that going for it...
1. As has been pointed out: there is NOTHING more "melted bar of soap" than the blobs churned out by Tesla. Your point there is...odd.

2. Some of us have the ability to stop for fuel on our way home, starting the day with...gasp!...a full tank!

3. Better built, PLUS not having their values depending on what weed-fueled stupidity the CEO posts on a given day.

Reactions: falcon lover

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I have said it before, and I will say it again.....regardless of who makes it, BEV's don't yet make sense for most and certainly not for me.

Can we just enjoy a thrilling product thread from Mercedes, without this typical ****ing trolling. Also, a few tenths of a second is hardly enough to motivate anyone in either direction. So just stop please.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have said it before, and I will say it again.....regardless of who makes it, BEV's don't yet make sense for most and certainly not for me.

Can we just enjoy a thrilling product thread from Mercedes, without this typical ****ing trolling. Also, a few tenths of a second is hardly enough to motivate anyone in either direction. So just stop please.
LOL. Yeah, I’m sure you have a deep understanding of what “most” want. The only troll here is you and your constant attacks. I simply pointed out the obvious. Investments into one-off 200hp per liter motors are misplaced, see BMWs recently fired CEO. You can keep cawing about how because you can’t cope with spending 15seconds on an app planning a trip, the rest of the world is beyond it, but it won’t change where the market is headed. When the Model Y is outselling any Lincoln SUV, will you reconsider your position?

·
Registered
546 Posts
...I take that as a no. Going to be fun watching what happens when Ford starts selling a Rivian-based Lincoln, VW MEB-
based cars, as well as their own in-house EVs, all while you’re telling everyone not to buy them because it may take 30 minutes to charge one on a once yearly trip to Florida.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts