22,734 Posts
-- I sure hope BMW is no longer a style-setter
seems to me bangled stuff got accepted after a while
&
-- if I think about ToyLex
I hafta think the (ugh) average consumer has the worst taste possible and
this isn't quite as bad -mostly- except for the Opel-esque side dent
:facepalm:
edit: no one mentioned the little charging door above the aluminIum hockey-stick
article said:
...While rumors initially suggested the concept would feature a fuel-cell powertrain, that doesn't appear to be the case. Instead, the X7 iPerformance will likely use a plug-in hybrid powertrain like the 740e iPerformance which has a turbocharged four-cylinder engine that is backed up by an electric motor and a 9.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack.

The production model is slated to be offered with at least three different engines including a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo six-cylinder with 335 hp (250 kW) and a 4.4-liter TwinTurbo Turbo V8 developing 445 hp (332 kW). There could also be a diesel-powered X7 xDrive 40d but a U.S. launch remains uncertain at this point.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
This thing is pretty ugly. It's one that will benefit from the concept-to-production transition.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I don't know, I like some of the design ideas in here but they've been executed with ridiculous proportions. It certainly has a much more interesting upscale style than the featureless Navigator which still looks too much like a bland Ford SUV with a Lincoln badge. Navigator and Escalade are still very different vehicles however, big and simple and certainly not as hip.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^
Are you sure, as many tend to celebrate higher ATP's after all.
I think you misunderstand the appreciation of higher ATP among Lincoln fans. It's not a case where I (we?) celebrate having to pay more for our brand of choice, but that we would like to celebrate Lincoln being so successful that their product can command BMW/Mercedes level prices. Being a value focused premium brand is an oxymoron. The purpose of a premium brand is increase profits on a smaller volume, BMW matches Ford's profits while producing a fraction of their sales totals.

In the event Lincoln is so successful that their prices can jump to those levels that will open up room for Ford to move further into that gap. It's not an either/or proposition, they can have and do both, but not until such time as Lincoln can command those ATPs.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
I think you misunderstand the appreciation of higher ATP among Lincoln fans. It's not a case where I (we?) celebrate having to pay more for our brand of choice, but that we would like to celebrate Lincoln being so successful that their product can command BMW/Mercedes level prices. Being a value focused premium brand is an oxymoron. The purpose of a premium brand is increase profits on a smaller volume, BMW matches Ford's profits while producing a fraction of their sales totals.

In the event Lincoln is so successful that their prices can jump to those levels that will open up room for Ford to move further into that gap. It's not an either/or proposition, they can have and do both, but not until such time as Lincoln can command those ATPs.
I completely understand the benefit of ATP's.

The way I read it, I thought someone was celebrating higher BMW ATP's regardless of looks.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

I completely understand the benefit of ATP's.
Then why do you always question our desire to see Lincoln ATPs rise?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts