Ford Inside News banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Then why do you always question our desire to see Lincoln ATPs rise?
Kind of an extreme thing to say, bro. I thought I told you at least a million times now, not to exaggerate every time you speak.
So yeah, I have commented a FEW times in the past how ATP’s are linked directly to higher prices we all have to pay, but I at least try to qualify my remarks as a sort of dichotomy that I struggle with, so as not to sound ignorant. Perhaps one of us missed something.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Lincolns pricing is slowly reaching parity with its most expensive rivals. So they are getting some of their customers into the upper pricing brackets. They are passing up the Japanese which have a more mass-market youth appeal. If they can hold onto sales and grow them slightly, it's a step in the right direction. You can buy an $80K+ Continental after all and soon a $105,000 Navigator. But their point of entry still remains lower and they don't go as high, and they certainly don't have the customer count or diversity.

I think by nature Lincoln is a niche brand, it's specifically targeting older clientele with traditional luxury sensibilities in terms of style, performance, and technology. It's very light on technology and road dynamics, high on tangibles like abundant chrome trim, rich interior materials, and smooth silent confident performance. As Lincoln transitions over to much more sedate classic luxury design, it will continue to define it's customer more clearly. I like their attention to detail and how successfully they've merge modern luxury performance with their own sensibilities. I'm not as happy with their design language which I find to be just too dull and geriatric, but I think they've found something that does a better job communicating to their core customer.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
^....I think Lincoln has done well with holding on to its older 70+ consumers and bridging to the 50+year old consumers with its current subtle designs and comfort focus. But it is the sweet spot that Lincoln has to reach which is the sub 40 demographic that is the largest group and they buy a lot of cars over and again. Which is why I think Lincoln will be successful with that group with the upcoming new MKZ and electrification. An MKZ EV on par with Model 3 and the new BMW 3-Series EV will put Lincoln in the mix. However, I am hopeful that the refreshed MKC and MKX will give the two models some youth and at least start to pull the 40ish consumer instead of the 50s.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The car in production form... not so far from the concept!

Maybe this will be the stronger competitor for the Navigator... in terms of size and luxury

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
2019 BMW X7: As Big As A Cadillac Escalade, As Luxurious As A Rolls Royce

Overall, the X7 measures 203.3 inches (5163 mm) long, 78.7 inches (1999 mm) wide and 71.1 inches (1805 mm) tall with a wheelbase that spans 122.2 inches (3103 mm). This means the X7 is 9 inches (228 mm) longer, 0.2 inches (5 mm) narrower and 2.1 inches (53 mm) taller than the X5. The model also has a 5.1 inch (129 mm) longer wheelbase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhPLTEHxfY0ExIRIcm5Vc_JPu1cZHe3B9&v=9X_uPjJW9mY

More at: https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/2019-bmw-x7-bows-bold-design-456-hp/

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Is a fantastic car. And has one and unique fantastic advantage over the Navigator/Aviator: that badge over the grille.
I just don't see a good place for a US sized license plate up front. There is not enough room between the grill and large sensor below it in the center.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think this would look much better if they toned down the grille a bit, it's yuge. I know that BMW badge carries more cache and will likely sell better because of that, but I'd still take a pretty loaded BL Navigator for about the same price as a base V8 X7.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Not a fan of this type of vehicle but the X7 carries its size very well. Big Wheels help. I actually think it would look funny with a smaller grille. IMO, BMW errs in all of its new models by separating the double grille with a chrome strip rather than a body colored panel.

Good thing Navigator got a jump on this beast by being first with the best. Finally, a timely win for a Lincoln product.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts