Ford Inside News banner

The Twin-Turbo Hybrid Cadillac CT6 Flagship Will Debut On March 31

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Bloggin 
#1 ·
The Twin-Turbo Hybrid Cadillac CT6 Flagship Will Debut On March 31

Cadillac has big plans to take over the world, and the first salvo in that campaign is the upcoming CT6 flagship luxury sedan. We'll see it in about two months and change, right in time for the New York Auto Show.

That comes from the Detroit News' David Shepardson, who on Twitter quoted Cadillac CEO Johan de Nysschen as saying the CT6 will appear on March 31.

http://jalopnik.com/the-twin-turbo-hybrid-cadillac-ct6-flagship-will-debut-1681094358

#3 ·
Cadillac to unveil CT6 on March 31

David Shepardson, The Detroit News 9:37 a.m. EST January 22, 2015

General Motors Co. struggling luxury brand Cadillac said Thursday it will unveil its new large CT6 sedan on March 31 and said it has invested $300 million in its Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant to build the vehicle.

GM said the new vehicle will use advanced mixed-material manufacturing techniques for the car that goes on sale in the fourth quarter of 2015. The vehicle will be unveiled March 31 — a date that coincides with the New York International Auto Show.

Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen said at the Washington Auto Show that the brand is improving and reiterated the brand would invest $12 billion and add eight new products by 2020.

“This is not just rhetoric,” he said, insisting that the brand has a “comprehensive plan” with an “emotionally compelling brand story.”

He said the CT6 will be a “large spacious car” that would be as fuel efficient as a mid-size car.

continued: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2015/01/22/cadillac-ct/22154293/

#4 ·
Lighter than the CTS? This car is going to be pretty awesome. I look forward to seeing it, although I do not see it being a door-buster sales success. Being lighter than the CTS definitely bodes well for the CTS successor (CT4? CT3?) in a few MYs.

I can't imagine Caddy's edgy styling is going to look as clean and composed as an A8L or S Class, though.

#5 ·
The twin turbo hybrid setup sounds interesting. Most likely won't be the top end engine though.

#6 ·
Once upon a time Cadillac knew about luxury. And then they added performance.

That was over 50 years ago.

Today's Cadihack is a joke - tacky styled, cramped, ugly, over-priced, non-luxurious products that could be salvaged for the engine and suspension bits in a wrecking yard.

But a complete product? Absolutely a joke on wheels.

Thinking that they can overcome their Beverly Hillbilly persona, Cadihack now will have a super expensive product that will sell as well as their Electric Edsel and Chevrolet SS - which means likely 250 units per month or worse.

Pardon me while I laugh. But this year will be filled with laughter at a product line that can't be taken seriously - soon their will be the son of Cimarron - a pint sized super expensive product likely a Buick with added dents and creases and tacky LED's on the front and an interior that can carry two adults in the front an a parrot in the back in comfort. This will be truly the year Cadihack produces more laughs than hits as it continues its deserved downward slide into mediocrity.

#7 ·

Besides looking like a jumble of SUV size design elements, the door handles don't look like they are horizontally straight. And the front door handle looks lower than the rear door handle.

It looks like they started at the rear and had no place to end the line but at the wheel well. When it should tuck right under the giant front light arch.

And then there is the sexiness of the Continental Concept....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.