Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Hyundai's Next-Gen 2017 Equus Luxury Sedan!

While not a runaway success, the current Equus based on the first-generation Genesis that was presented in 2009 in Korea before launching in North America about a year and a half later, managed to sell 3,578 units in the USA in 2013 and 3,415 in 2014. Not bad considering that the $35,000 Azera sold 7,237 cars last year.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/this-is-hyundais-next-gen-2017-equus.html

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
are we.. absolutely certain that this is a Hyundai?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Tbh, Mustang headlights, C-Class tail lights. Weird.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Yes it's a Hyundai, they've always been somewhat derivative in their designs when entering a new segment. The first Sonata to gain any real traction looked like an Accord knock off while the next generation looked like a freak show. The first Genesis sedan looked like a Lexus LS knock off, thankfully this next gen version isn't going full on freak!

From the spy shots of both this and the CT6 I have to say this appears much nicer to me!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hyundai iterates very quickly and frequently, it's really interesting how differently they do business. Must be a Korean thing. We also see this in the tech industry.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
From the spy shots of both this and the CT6 I have to say this appears much nicer to me!
I agree wholeheartedly. The only thing I look forward to about the CT6 is the weight loss... and that's only because I know it'll translate to weight savings on the next gen CTS!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I think the Genesis competes with the future CT6, and the Equus is one size up.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ from my sorta-accurate 2015my database text.file
203.1 - 119.9 - 74.4 - 58.7 = Equus
196.5 - 118.5 - 74.4 - 58.3 = Genesis

&
fwiw:

Holy Crap The Hyundai Equus is Cheap
TTAC

By Doug DeMuro on December 4, 2015

...I came across the Equus, and I discovered something: there are, as we speak, nearly 20 different certified pre-owned Equus models on Autotrader for under $30,000. Think about that: these are two-, three-, and four-year-old cars with an original list price of well over $60,000, and you can pick one up today for less than $30,000.

And here’s the kicker: each of these models come with Hyundai’s certified pre-owned warranty, which is really, really good. Five years or 60,000 miles of bumper-to-bumper coverage. Ten years or 100,000 miles of powertrain coverage. In other words: if you buy a certified pre-owned 2012 Equus today, you could pay $29,500, you could get all the stuff I’ve described above, and you’d have two years of bumper-to-bumper coverage remaining, along with seven years of powertrain coverage.

Suddenly, this takes the Equus from “wildly unappealing tremendously overpriced car” to “oh my God I can’t believe this thing is such a bargain.” Basically you’re getting an S-Class with a legitimate warranty (Mercedes’ CPO program offers a laughable 1 year of coverage) for less than a third of the price of a new one. At $29,000, who cares if the [email protected] thing has a Hyundai badge on it?...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think the latest genesis sedan is nicer looking than the Equis.

The price is right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts