Ford Inside News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Content Admin
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Perhaps if Ford had taken more design cues from the original Ford kinetic Design concept, the Iosis, I think it would have been a home run. Integrating cues from the Iosis, the front end becomes more pleasing, more upscale and most importantly falls better into line with the product already on the market (especially in Europe).

What do you think - better or worse?

LINK

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I largely agree with these changes - have seen similar elsewhere - don't think the Focus's front end is "perfect" - tho minor changes might get it there - BUT
don't find that crucial...

...partly cuz I'm still heart-broken that Mercury won't ever get to build MY CAR - the C3 I've been pining for ever since the C1 came out
( ie WHO CARES WHAT A FORD LOOKS LIKE )
(( tho overall imho the Focus is drop dead gorgeous - just not quite perfect ))

...now if I ever recover to the point of considering a Focus;
then I'd want even more of a change than that rendering - esp I'm not crazy about that box-slot grille
(which wouldn't even look ok to me with a waterfall in it! :yikes: )
and
would like
- some roundness somewhere in the grille to go with EVERY OTHER line on the car
- & to make the hood-front look more like a solid sculpture with a grille 'opening' instead of a panel missing

ps/edit
I'm not crazy about those headlites either

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ok...everything about this Focus just screams Euorpean styling. I think it looks great. Maybe some minor plastic surgery liek everyone else is asking for would help,but I think if you change the front end and grille it makes it too American and you lose that Euru feel and look. My only change would be the Fiesta Fog lights...OMG Do they look awesome in the dark.

Who is afraid of the DRAGON now??

I just like how menacing this car will look in the dark. It is totally going to turn heads!!

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Ok...everything about this Focus just screams Euorpean styling. I think it looks great. Maybe some minor plastic surgery liek everyone else is asking for would help,but I think if you change the front end and grille it makes it too American and you lose that Euru feel and look. My only change would be the Fiesta Fog lights...OMG Do they look awesome in the dark.

Who is afraid of the DRAGON now??

I just like how menacing this car will look in the dark. It is totally going to turn heads!!
Did your Fiesta come in?!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Do not like the rendering (shrinking of lower trap) at all. Looks like American Ford "not" European. The North American Fusion and Focus and now the Fiesta all have the much smaller
lower trap which gives the cars a meeker & weaker look. I would like to see Ford take the triangles out of the lower trap, and then she is good to go

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had to put them all together to compare. Yours is different, but tamed down a bit.
No it's not an Iosis, nor should it be.

To me it's sporty and aggressive, yet more elegant take off from the RS. The emphasis is not the grill (like the Iosis or VW), it's the lower intake that visually swallows AIR and even the bumper. The chrome center section on the VW is pointless and too blingly.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ford noses are massive, it gives the vehicle a honda minivan look. I do not like the styling of the Focus on the front end..
I had to put them all together to compare. Yours is different, but tamed down a bit.
No it's not an Iosis, nor should it be.

To me it's sporty and aggressive, yet more elegant take off from the RS. The emphasis is not the grill (like the Iosis or VW), it's the lower intake that visually swallows AIR and even the bumper. The chrome center section on the VW is pointless and too blingly.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ford noses are massive, it gives the vehicle a honda minivan look. I do not like the styling of the Focus on the front end..
Tahoe's Quote: The noses on these new Fords are massive, making them look like some sort of Volkswagen combo

At least be original......and post a pic of your comparison vehicle.........here it is. Anybody see any similarity? I sure don't!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I like the production Focus front end better.
Focus will outsell Fusion once it has been on the market for 6-8 months.
I really hope we get wagon and convertable versions here in the U.S.A.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like the production Focus front end better.
Focus will outsell Fusion once it has been on the market for 6-8 months.
I think it potentially could. Seeing as the Fusion sells mostly in 4 cylinder form and the '12 Focus is a real looker. I think Im going to really look into a black SEL or "Titanium" sedan when they arrive next year.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...Focus will outsell Fusion once it has been on the market for 6-8 months.
I think it potentially could. Seeing as the Fusion sells mostly in 4 cylinder form and the '12 Focus is a real looker. I think Im going to really look into a black SEL or "Titanium" sedan when they arrive next year.
hey Escapen, good to see you!

&
yeah, that an interesting point that Logan raised
I agree the Focus will break records next year
& really REALLY hope FoMoCo builds a BUNCH of C3 variants
...wonder if restricting the CD3 sedans to Hermosillo has been counting on the Focus-&-friends becoming the best-selling class all along?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Love it, and want to buy one as soon as I can. But I'm only interested in an ST-level performance model. I don't care what it's called. ST, SVT, whatever. As long as it has well over 200 hp and a 6-speed paddle-shift trans, and it's available in the 5-door bodystyle, I'm all over it.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
hey Escapen, good to see you!

&
yeah, that an interesting point that Logan raised
I agree the Focus will break records next year
& really REALLY hope FoMoCo builds a BUNCH of C3 variants
...wonder if restricting the CD3 sedans to Hermosillo has been counting on the Focus-&-friends becoming the best-selling class all along?
They would have to sell 286,166 to break the US Focus record..and i doubt that one side of MAP can pump out that many, not even thinking of Canada.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts