1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru to Debut New Advanced Tourer Hybrid Concept at Tokyo Show
NOVEMBER 07, 2011
Carscoop

The 2011 edition of the biennial Tokyo Motor Show that opens its doors to the press on November 30 will play host to the world premiere of a new Subaru hybrid concept model named the Advanced Tourer.
The new study appears to be related to Subaru's gullwing-door Hybrid Tourer Concept that was displayed at the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show, only this time, the Japanese automaker opted for a more practical five-door station wagon.

The Advanced Tourer's exterior dimensions at 4,580mm (180.3-in.) long, 1,840mm (72.4-in.) wide and 1,430mm (56.3-in.) tall, put it between the Impreza (4,415mm long) and the Legacy (4,775mm), meaning that Subaru may be previewing a proposal for a standalone hybrid model.

Subaru itself says that the Advanced Tourer is a "C-Segment" class car and that it features a more aggressive exterior design –especially with the heavily pronounced front and rear wheel arches- than the firm's regular wagon models.

Inside, the concept gets a four-seat layout and a large glass roof that extends to the rear liftgate offering plenty of light to the passengers.

Full text at link

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
It makes me sad that the Legacy wagon has gone away, my family owned 3, they were great cars. I wish they would bring it back but I know that is wishful thinking.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It appears as though the blockier elements of the new gen Impreza might eventually spread throughout Subaru's lineup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts