Ford Inside News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Ford Mustang may be the most iconic American car in history. <span id="more-329105">
It bleeds red, white and blue and is built out of liberty, pride and freedom. With a snarling V8 and sexy good looks, the Mustang has enjoyed decades of success, creating a following more loyal than Charles Manson’s minions.

The Mustang has only been available in a limited number of countries, but people around the world not only know what a Mustang is, but also wish they could own one.

Part of the reason for its legendary status has to do with the various special edition models Ford has created over the years. Designed for the street, drag strip or track, these low-volume, high performance specials have set people’s souls on fire.

Here are 10 of the best Mustang specials to ever roll off the showroom floor.</span>

Read more about the Top 10 Ford Mustangs of All Time at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
10. King Cobra? Seriously, a Mustang II wouldn't be on the list of the top 20.
7. Bullit? C'mon, it was a green GT with a spoiler delete.
6. 64-1/2 289? Not a special edition asshats.

Autoguide, because Autoblog makes to much sense*.

*they don't, but relative to autoguide they do.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Nice thread!

My favorites:

3.- Mustang II King Cobra
2.- Mustang SVO
1.- 1969 Mach 1

Yours?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Kind of a dumb list.

If they'd done a one-per-generation list, the King Cobra would have had more reason to be included...but no, the list was just kind of odd. I'm pissed because they totally skipped the 1971-73 Mustangs, including potential 429-equipped Mach 1s and the Boss 351. As a tall guy, those are my favorite early-generation Mustangs, and you can drop any period Ford V8 easily between the shock towers. I dunno if a Coyote would be troublesome...hmmm....

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Bill Ford Jr. surprised employees at one of their classic car shows last week when he showed up with his 67 KR Mustang. They showed a pic of it on Ford's intranet site, then quickly removed it. Can't blame him really, too many freaks out there.

Anyway, he was all smiles, meeting and greeting fellow employees and visiting their classics. That's why I think so highly of him.

This is close to what his car looked like, but in light blue,

·
Registered
326 Posts
My favorite Mustangs would be any from 1969 to 1973 with a 351, a 1987 to 1993 LX 5.0, the 1999 through 2004 GT's, and the 2012 through 2014 GT. The big blocks (390, 427, 428, and 429) were probably too much engine for anything based on the Falcon.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm pissed because they totally skipped the 1971-73 Mustangs, including potential 429-equipped Mach 1s and the Boss 351.
If they'd done a list that included at least 1 from each generation, they wouldn't have skipped this generation. Too bad, too, really.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Are we having fun yet?" __ Nickelback __ 'This Is How You Remind Me'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts