1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota's Entune ready to fight Ford's SYNC . . . almost
Translogic

January 4, 2010

It's been nearly four years since Ford and Microsoft introduced SYNC to the world, and since then nearly every major OEM has been playing catch-up – including the planet's largest automaker. For Toyota, that ends today with the introduction of Entune, a new integrated multimedia system that uses the driver's Net-enabled and Bluetooth-equipped smartphone.

For anyone familiar with SYNC or the Connected systems recently introduced by BMW and Mini, the list of available applications and features includes the usual suspects. Entune comes equipped with search functionality provided by Bing, along with streaming audio from Pandora and iheartradio, restaurant booking through OpenTable and show times and ticket purchasing through MovieTickets.com. Real time traffic, weather conditions, fuel prices, sports scores and stocks are all user-customizable, while Bing Maps handles navigation duties and a text-to-speech system reads off text messages.

Additionally, Toyota has equipped Entune with a new voice recognition technology which the automaker claims is one of the most advanced conversational systems on the market. Entune also integrates with Toyota's existing Safety Connect telematics system, which handles everything from collision notification to roadside assistance.

Full Text at the link . . .

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
queue David Champion of CR.........Toyota is now back on top of our recommendation list with their new universal best connectivity feature which blows all other car
makers system especially Ford SYNC out of the water, Toyota Entune is like nothing CR has every experienced before therefore CR predicts that Toyota sales will rise
to such heights in USA, no other automaker stands a chance against the mean, lean Toyota fighting machine.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota, who buys those? I was going to the Autoshow the other day, some some people driving into the parking lot with their Toyota's and I told them, its not like you think about what you will buy, why bother coming to the show?
Did they tell you to mind your own business? I certainly would have. Perhaps they were there to check out a new Ford Fusion.

I am glad you weren't driving a Ford.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Did they tell you to mind your own business? I certainly would have. Perhaps they were there to check out a new Ford Fusion.

I am glad you weren't driving a Ford.
They laughed about it, its not like it was said in bad taste, it was a joke,

I am glad I am not driving a Ford Expendition too. An Explorer would not be so bad, the new one that is. How is your reign here going? Pissing people off as usual?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They laughed about it, its not like it was said in bad taste, it was a joke,
That sounds like such a manufactured story . . .
I am glad I am not driving a Ford Expendition too. An Explorer would not be so bad, the new one that is. How is your reign here going? Pissing people off as usual?
I don't know, you tell me. How are you feeling today?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts