Ford Inside News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have been wondering when Ford would update the Transit van. I know that CEO Hackett had been talking about the commercial vans at the meeting last month he held and said that there would be all-new Transit van coming soon. I thought he meant that the big Transit would be fully-redesigned but I think he meant all new as in the full lineup of Transit series vans were being refreshed/new. But I'm glad to see the big van getting some revised styling as well as the addition of the 10-speed auto transmission. I wonder if the 3.5L EB V6 will be the 2nd generation version like the 2017 F-150 with the Dual Injection system? I'm sure it will still be detuned as compared to the F-150 for longevity as is the case with engines in commercial vehicles. I'm sure the 3.5L V6 will be replaced with the F-150's 3.3L V6 but detuned. I doubt any changes made to the 3.2L PowerStroke diesel I5 unless for emissions purposes, etc. but surely the 10-speed auto would be applied to that one. We shall all see and I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks and what all it will have.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm sure it's mostly substantive updates rather than cosmetic ones. If this is a prototype than it looks like the grille and front bumper are the only visual updates. Interior may get a revised center stack with that floating screen design

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
This has been a great success for Ford. I am seeing lots of these for HVAC and plumbing companies.
I still see the E-Series chasis modified for using as a short bus for retirement centers/adult daycare transport.

·
Registered
143 Posts
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2018/09/18/smartest-and-most-productive-ford-transit-makes-global-debut-at-.html
New 2-tonne Transit improves productivity for businesses with fuel efficiency improved by up to 7 per cent and advanced new connectivity features

Segment-first diesel mild hybrid (mHEV) powertrain option further improves fuel efficiency by up to 8 per cent in stop-start urban applications

New powertrain offering includes upgraded 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel with more powerful 185 PS variant, plus efficient new 10-speed automatic transmission for rear-wheel drive models

On-sale from mid-2019, new Transit features smart new front-end design, all-new interior with enhanced stowage, and new driver assistance tech to make working days less stressful

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Minor update but I do like the new grille better.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ford Transit Custom PHEV
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2018/09/18/ford-transit-custom-extends-leadership-with-unique-phev-model-an.html
Ford reveals production version of new Transit Custom plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) for the first time, at IAA Commercial Vehicle show in Hannover, Germany

Advanced PHEV powertrain targets 50 km (31 mile) zero-emissions range, or 500 km (310 mile) total range using award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine as a range extender
First PHEV in segment delivers high productivity with no range anxiety; retains load volume and 1-tonne payload capability of diesel-powered van

Enhanced Transit Custom range announced with upgraded 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel with more powerful 185 PS variant, and segment-first mild hybrid powertrain option
Hannover CV Show also marks debut for dynamic new Transit Connect Sport Van with exterior styling kit, signature bonnet stripes and Dark Stainless alloy wheels

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not the Transit, but the B&P is up for the 2019 Transit Connect. Still no specs on the 1.5 diesel though :(

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I like how Ford finally gave it body-colored front bumpers.

Probably only on higher end models I imagine base models still have black plastic like the F Series

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Not the Transit, but the B&P is up for the 2019 Transit Connect. Still no specs on the 1.5 diesel though :(
There is an exterminator place near where I work that has about 30 Transit Connects. Some are first gen, so they must be happy with them, as they continue to purchase the latest model.

Does anyone else have to go back and add missing letters to words in their posts here? Either I am typing too fast (unlikely), or the message threads are a bit slow on the uptake!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
2019 Transit B&P is on Ford's website so it doesnt look like the US is getting the refresh at least until the 2020MY.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts