Ford Inside News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He didn't give a review of the car, he just pointed out it's faults.

I test drove the 14 MKZ on 8/16/13 at Apple Ford Lincoln in Columbia Maryland, it was fully loaded with the panoramic roof, awd, with ecoboost 4. I specifically looked for the flaws that I've read about: the touchscreen is a valid complaint, there are finger prints all over the screen and the angle of it depending on where the sun is coming from is blinding. Lincoln needs some type of anti-glare finish and something over the touchscreen that prevents fingerprints. No issue with the fuel door. No gaps around the back rear window. The panoramic roof is huge and it does block some view looking back but it's something I quickly got used to in my 15 min test drive. What was disappointing to me was the molded/engraved plastic on the dash, not a deal breaker, but it's no reason why stitched leather is not on the dash if this is a luxury vehicle. It's the same material in my wife's 09 CTS, a vehicle 4 years older.

The ecoboost was surprisingly good, it was my first time in a turbo 4 and i was expecting it to be weak and slow to merge on the highway but i was dead wrong. I wanted to test drive the v6 but the ecoboost 4 made me reconsider. The trunk is huge, my wife thought they should've sacrificed some of that space to make some more rear seat leg room. I had her sit behind me to see if her 5 '4 frame had problems sitting behind my 6ft frame. She was not comfortable back there, that was her only complaint. My lincoln touch was flawless and easy to pare to my phone. The car is beautiful inside and out and the drive was smooth.

My harshest complaint is the touch screen which I think is easily fixable. I consider what I stated a review, not what TTAC did.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that's how you would like to word what I said, then yes. The panoramic roof is not the issue with the glare on the center console, it's the angle of it. If the sun is directly in front of the car, it's a problem. It's easily fixable by putting a ridge above the touch screen. I believe my wife took pictures of the touch screen, the finger prints and smears over it was readily noticeable. The salesperson apologized to me about the touchscreen as soon as we got in, he said no one cleaned it. He took out his eye glass cleaning cloth and wiped it off, all good until he started touching the screen to walk me through my lincoln touch, fingerprints all over again. Again, easily fixable by them putting an anti-glare finish and film that doesn't show fingerprints.

This was not a deal breaker for me but valid observations. If i decide to purchase this vehicle, I could easily order some tablet film off Amazon.com and cut it to fit the touch screen to prevent this problem. http://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Protecto...F8&qid=1377795155&sr=8-5&keywords=tablet+film

The issue is this should've been fixed by Lincoln.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts