Ford Inside News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Guys at Toyota are having a difficult time playing with the Big Detroit boys. According to recent reports, Toyota has already burnt $5,000.00 per truck to be built in advertising. Later comes more news of Dealer cash on the hood...

All American Big Trucks rate at 5 stars according to NHTSA in crash test ratings. Too bad for Jim Press.. it seems while they were inccurring a billion in cost overuns for their new Texas Tundra plant, and more billions in Delayed gas Guzzling 5.7 V8, their overlooked one important area for the US consumer. Safety

The NHTSA rates their brand new Macho looking Turaku (Its reported that is what a truck is called in Japanese) can barely manage 4 Stars... in safety crash ratings. They are surely dreading the insurance safety test now..

NHTSA

·
Registered
764 Posts
Another reason to buy a Ford, Dodge or GM truck. The only thing that the Tundra has going fo it now is the big hp and torque motor, but that will be over once Fords BOSS (hehe) goes into the F150. The F150 can tow more (although if you want to tow that much, a Superduty is a better choice), looks better inside and out, has proven reliability, has a 5 star crash tests and costs less. Why would one get a Tundra?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One would think toyota covers all their bases. But this Tundra seems to have been mistake after mistake. All in an attempt to take on Ford GM and Dodge.
That grill looks soo fake tacked on there too, on that NHTSA shot

·
Registered
764 Posts
One would think toyota covers all their bases. But this Tundra seems to have been mistake after mistake. All in an attempt to take on Ford GM and Dodge.
That grill looks soo fake tacked on there too, on that NHTSA shot
What is even more tacky is the fake grille on the top of the large one. It is fake and on the truck I saw, was loose. And even more tacky that that is the big grey part on the drivers side of the dash. It is ugly and hard to see the gauges.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ford and GM Pickups Outscore Toyota Tundra in Federal Crash Tests

Toyota's redesigned Tundra fell one star short of the perfect five-star rating for driver safety in head-on collisions in a test by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Bloomberg News reported.

Full-size pickups from General Motors — the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra — and Ford's F-150 earned five stars.

To earn a top frontal-crash rating, vehicles are judged to have a 10 percent or less possibility of a driver injury requiring immediate hospitalization in a head-on collision at 35 miles per hour. A four-star rating means an injury risk of 11 percent to 20 percent.

Source

·
Registered
37 Posts
This does not surprise me. Detroit makes trucks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can't wait to see the Tundras first full moth on sale to see how much it sold. I am hoping they didnt sell too much...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Wheres my F150. I want to tow the Tundra into a lake.
I thought this was funny and true. Who in Japan at Toyota thought they could overtake an American Icon, the F-150. OMG they are totally off their rocker or whatever they are sitting on over there. Maybe instead of trying to make a better truck, and obviously if you have to buy your trucks back because they totally suck and are falling apart, then you need to work on that Toyota Reliability. I think I saw that Toyota Reliability in the Land Fill here next to their Tundra's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts