Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U Spy a Boatload of Ford Prototypes, Including Focus RS and Explorer

"Here are a bunch of Fords that I spotted today in Summit County Colorado high altitude testing," Brett told Carscoops. "Looks like a Mustang, Ford ST, and maybe an Explorer were out on a beautiful Saturday in Dillion Colorado in Summit County. There were about 12 cars making laps around town, coming in and out about every hour."

More pics at: http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/u-spy-boatload-of-ford-prototypes.html

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sadly, no Lincoln MKX or MKS.........something interesting: one Explorer has front and back cover and the other one only the front..........Aviator prototype?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just B&P a Mustang on ford.ca. I know the price has gone up, not the point. If I had a choice of a Mustang EB or a Focus RS, I'd choose the RS. It fits my lifestyle. Now a Mustang EB Premium...well...yeah....

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts

big SUV covered......X? it seems longer....maybe Explorer and Aviator?
Well, we know there is a new Navigator, Expedition coming which could account for the two big SUVs side by side. But there is a third, where it would be great if it was the Aviator. The Explorer is out with rear and front covered. New MKX is already out and exposed with front and rear covered as seen by other images.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I saw these also, in Flagstaff AZ. I was dropping someone off at the airport and pulled up right behind the Explorer, which had its door open as the guy was unloading, and asked him how he liked his job and what his educational background was. They were nice, and as I was walking away I yelled, "how much does that Mustang weigh"? He said 3800 lbs.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we know there is a new Navigator, Expedition coming which could account for the two big SUVs side by side. But there is a third, where it would be great if it was the Aviator. The Explorer is out with rear and front covered. New MKX is already out and exposed with front and rear covered as seen by other images.
Could be Navi and Expy Bloggin although I am not so sure, the SUVs are long true, but more CUV than the Expy-Navi. Also it those vehicles are the big suvs....where is the S?
Also we have to see Navi concept first! :D

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
O. M. G.
GREAT THOUGHT, Boggin!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

...now I hafta go back and study the pix...

and try to figure how the heck this timing could work

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
O. M. G.
GREAT THOUGHT, Boggin!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

...now I hafta go back and study the pix...

and try to figure how the heck this timing could work
I also think that the MKX Concept, with it's longer lines and wheelbase as if it's a 7 passenger instead of a shorter 5 passenger CUV, was also a sneak peek at an upcoming Aviator.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ well, think I'm still rooting for an Aviator that can replace (& thoroughly out-do) the MKT
so
still hoping for an 118.2" wlb for the Aviator ... then use the nextgen Explorer's 115.2" for a totally different-&-sporty Aviator-Sport...or even a new nameplate

unfortunately ...having downloaded photo#3 in 1450 pixels wide and #17 in 1600 = which is a close size match... the camo'ed and mostly-shown Cuvs seem to have identical bodies
BUT
aren't #3's headlites different from an Explorer's?!?

now kinda thinking #3 might just be a cooling-mule for the top-trim Nano (+ 9speed)

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I also think that the MKX Concept, with it's longer lines and wheelbase as if it's a 7 passenger instead of a shorter 5 passenger CUV, was also a sneak peek at an upcoming Aviator.

could be Bloggin...I think that the MKX Concept was a sneak peek of the upcoming Lincoln designs theme.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
^...interesting. Maybe the Explorer with all the camo is a mule for an upcoming Aviator. Even with the MKC/Escape the greenhouse structure remained the same, and allowed enough design freedom for the overall vehicle to look very different.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^...interesting. Maybe the Explorer with all the camo is a mule for an upcoming Aviator. Even with the MKC/Escape the greenhouse structure remained the same, and allowed enough design freedom for the overall vehicle to look very different.
true, even the back is a bit more like the C and X
I was checking the photos because I tought it could be the next Navi but I think those vehicle are the same explorers of the other photos and the CUV at the back is not that tall, I guess is the Focus RS

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Those covered SUVs are the parked Explorer MCE prototypes.

And the new MKX is not adding a 3rd row, Ford is working on a 3rd row version of the CD4 platform for next Explorer which I'm sure will interest Lincoln.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts