Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this car worth $20K, seems like a lot of work to restore it.

From the article:
The car seems to have been cared for extensively, despite being the every-day ride of the unknown lady for decades, before it was put away. Aside from the shabby finish and some paint bubbling, it is, as the Craigslist seller says, “a perfect candidate for an easy restoration.”

19 pictures and and details

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Definitely needs some cleaning up but looks to be in great shape

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's more about the money needed than the work.
I would imagine you could spend anywhere from $50 - 100K to restore it nicely, not perfectly. Perfectly will cost twice that much.

So its better just to buy a fully restored car I guess.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
So its better just to buy a fully restored car I guess.
Again, there are degrees of restored, in terms of both completion and quality of it.
From those few pics and knowing virtually nothing about it, I would think that just a modest restoration to make it cruise worthy would cost you another $10-15K.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
It's more about the money needed than the work.
I would imagine you could spend anywhere from $50 - 100K to restore it nicely, not perfectly. Perfectly will cost twice that much.
The thing is though, its not a bad place to start a restoration. Amazing how close the Tbird was to the corvettes of the era.

·
Registered
717 Posts
It also epends how much "Sweat Equity" a person can add.

Me.....I can pull/rebuild the engine....sand, weld, paint....and do ALL the interior upholstery myself.

That can save a crap load of money you would have to pay someone else.

·
Banned
1 Posts
This car definitely needs a lot of cleaning and repairing and after that it can well worth be the amount you have said. But the cleaning and repairing of this car will take a lot of money itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts