Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I literally just looked yesterday and it wasn't updated yet. Great job spotting this Jose!

Thoroughbred on the MKX looks nice!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
this looks stunning:

If only the rockers were body colored instead of black /brokenrecord

I love the colors of this interior

I want to see that theme on the MKZ!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Not a fan of Muse but that's probably because I like wood trim a lot better than brushed aluminum or metal weave or carbon fiber. Taking the wood out of a Lincoln is a sin IMO.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Not a fan of Muse but that's probably because I like wood trim a lot better than brushed aluminum or metal weave or carbon fiber. Taking the wood out of a Lincoln is a sin IMO.
I agree in that I find something "lacking"
& would like to see metal+wood/wood+metal trims**
but
(my crazy idea for Muse specifically)
is to including some BLACK PATENT LEATHER

...now watch Lexoid steal my suggestion...
(Explorer(Sport?) had some extremely sparkly (faux?)aluminum dash trim that I LOVED
& that they made darker the next year
wondering if that inspired THE Muse's "Artisan Aluminum"?)

** also I'm not warming-up to the *placement* of the X's "transmission-tunnel" trim

·
Registered
436 Posts
I absolutely agree. The wood accents in the new Thoroughbred package on the MKX is stunning as well the entire interior.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I saw the Muse trim in the Black Label Lounge and it's accompanied by a purplish exterior paint. The interior looks lavender in that photo but looked more gray in the studio, I really like it but would never go with that exterior color.

I have a really hard time deciding which BL interior I would prefer so I didn't go with any of them ;)

Now that I see that BL pricing is only a few grand more than my top configuration, I'm a little miffed that I didn't spring for it. Only problem with Black Label are the smaller 20" wheels, too small on a car the size of MKX IMO. The 21" Polished wheels are optional on Black Label but they aren't available.

As for pricing, a loaded MKX BL is actually pricing at nearly $67K in inventory (dealer showed me). That's still a fair price, but I don't really want a BL car with MyLincoln Touch (seriously, it comes down to that, I don't want to overspend on an unfinished MKX, I just want certain features). As far as I'm concerned, a Lincoln MKX with MyLincoln Touch should be $10K cheaper until Sync 3 comes, ha...in my world I would rather see the 2.7L V6 delayed 8 months. MyLincoln Touch is such a turd, and you don't fully realize until you live and use it for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I saw the Muse trim in the Black Label Lounge and it's accompanied by a purplish exterior paint. The interior looks lavender in that photo but looked more gray in the studio, I really like it but would never go with that exterior color.

I have a really hard time deciding which BL interior I would prefer so I didn't go with any of them ;)
I am guessing that's Chroma Quartz. I honestly didn't notice the slight purplish interior till I scrolled back up. I like that but I think it needs wood trim.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I am guessing that's Chroma Quartz. I honestly didn't notice the slight purplish interior till I scrolled back up. I like that but I think it needs wood trim.
I think that interior works best with the woven metal, the interior in my current MKX is very similar to this and I love it.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I saw the Muse trim in the Black Label Lounge and it's accompanied by a purplish exterior paint. The interior looks lavender in that photo but looked more gray in the studio, I really like it but would never go with that exterior color...
imhO, FoMoCo-in-general (not just FLincMoCo) has too many purple-lovers
:facepalm:
*IF* they offered umpteen color choices, I'd be fine with ONE of them being so OUTSIDE 'normal' 'decor' hues
&
I'm STILL curious about THE Muse's "RougeNoir" alcantara - didn't stand out in first glance at the pix

...I have a really hard time deciding which BL interior I would prefer so I didn't go with any of them ;)
OT: how much did you look into [BL], Borg? did you talk to an official consultant?

I'm drawn to the natural-color leathers in theory -- would need to compare Hazelnut & Thoroughbred & TerraCotta (edit: and Indulgence!)
and even Oasis & Cappaccino
(edit
it's not just the different colors but different PARTS get the colors:
dash vs seats vs inserts)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just as I thought, the MKX BL didn't hit $70k. Unless I missed something, fully loaded BL seems to be only $1000 more than a fully loaded regular MKX. $64k vs $65k.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If only the rockers were body colored instead of black /brokenrecord

I love the colors of this interior

I want to see that theme on the MKZ!
I think it needs more of the beige to soften/balance out all that black leather. I also think the wood accents look amazing against the black leather and aluminum trim but it doesn't look right on the console up against the beige leather though I'm not sure what change would improve it.

Of all the BL themes this one feels the most unfinished to me though I love all the details individually, just not how they've been mixed together.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
imhO, FoMoCo-in-general (not just FLincMoCo) has too many purple-lovers
:facepalm:
*IF* they offered umpteen color choices, I'd be fine with ONE of them being so OUTSIDE 'normal' 'decor' hues
&
I'm STILL curious about THE Muse's "RougeNoir" alcantara - didn't stand out in first glance at the pix

OT: how much did you look into [BL], Borg? did you talk to an official consultant?

I'm drawn to the natural-color leathers in theory -- would need to compare Hazelnut & Thoroughbred & TerraCotta (edit: and Indulgence!)
and even Oasis & Cappaccino
(edit
it's not just the different colors but different PARTS get the colors:
dash vs seats vs inserts)
Oasis on the MKC is the most understated of all the trims, very pleasant colors. On the MKX, Thoroughbred is very rich and flashy with the bright dashboard cover, to me it reminds me of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. It makes the biggest impression but is primarily a black interior which I'm not a huge fan of. Muse is a more avant garde urban chic color arrangement, take away the Chroma Quartz and it's not as overtly feminine. I personally like the textured aluminum trim but I bet it looks very striking in a black interior. As for TerraCotta, I can't stand that brick red color personally. Cappuccino is a little too beige for my liking, but not bad.

I hate picking colors, it's impossible to decide so I stick with what I know for continuity sake ;)

I spoke with my dealer about Black Label and he took me to the lounge which is a small room off the main show floor. They've had the MKX BL drawers in there for awhile now.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Muse is my favorite.

The other one could have been better. It doesn't look like an equestrian-inspired interior. I don't like the shade of brown they used.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts