Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Improving an icon
by Mike Schlee

Someone must be spiking the drinking water around the Detroit area with a combination of Red Bull, methanol and epinephrine. What else can explain the onslaught of American sports cars coming out of Michigan lately?

Last year Chevrolet introduced the world class C7 Corvette Stingray while also creating the most track-focused muscle car of all time: the Camaro Z/28. Over at Dodge, a hydrogen bomb was lobbed into the horsepower wars with the introduction of the 707-hp Challenger Hellcat. Mopar fans looking for a bit more style and a few more cylinders, there’s good news as the sinister Viper is still available.
A Legend Reborn

Meanwhile at Ford, a pair of ST hothatches are redefining front-wheel drive performance. But that’s not the biggest news coming out of Dearborn. No, this year an automotive icon is being born anew: the Ford Mustang.

2015 marks the 50th anniversary of the Mustang, which is quite an achievement. Not often does one nameplate survive a half-century in existence, especially one that has stuck to the same basic formula the whole time. But with sales totalling over nine million, no one can blame Ford for keeping each Mustang revision evolutionary instead of revolutionary.

Read the complete 2015 Ford Mustang Review at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I love what I'm hearing about this car!! I'll take better, better, better over slightly faster every day! That it is this good with the volume GT spec just wait to see how great it is when the low volume, more track focused GT350 makes its appearance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
One can only wish that Lincoln will use this chassis. Both in coupe and sedan form with the 3.5 TT and 5.0 for power. No hybrids!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts