Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Video of Explorer

I am using Chrome and can see it pretty well.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Looks good to me in the video and pics. The price is what I'm really dying to see though. My '09 AWD Flex Limited stickered for $38,900 and had only 3 options. Rear overhead DVD, tow pkg, and all weather floor mats (no I don't stack them ;) ). A comparable '10 4WD V6 Explorer Limited with standard tow pkg, rear overhead DVD, and all weather floor mats stickers for $40,785 and doesn't come close to matching the level of refinement and luxury the Flex has. Not to mention the size difference. I had an '06 Explorer so I know the differences very well. Now take the '10 Edge. A '10 AWD Limited without the $1200 rear overhead DVD (not available anymore) but with tow pkg and all weather floor mats stickers for $36,870. Pretty close to the Flex and really shouldn't be IMO because the Flex offeres waaaay more than the Edge, powertrain aside.

So tell me, where is this new Explorer going to fit in? I've heard between the Edge and the Flex but there's really not much room there pricewise IMO. I know the '11 Edge will offer a lot more for the same price which, to me, justifies it's price moreso than the the current gen especially in SEL trim. So do we think the Explorer will really slot between them and cost roughly $1k more than the Edge and $1k less than the Flex?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

I think that the next Explorer will be a semi-luxury vehicle, with off road capabilities, in the same leage as the Land Rover LR4. The price will be higher than the Flex. You could see it very soon. Dont be surprised by a 60 K top trim Explorer.

·
Registered
120 Posts

I think that the next Explorer will be a semi-luxury vehicle, with off road capabilities, in the same leage as the Land Rover LR4. The price will be higher than the Flex. You could see it very soon. Dont be surprised by a 60 K top trim Explorer.
I wouldn't be surprised to see that either. However I would have to think that a lot of the cost of the current BOF Explorer could be trimmed off simply based on the fact that the new one won't use the expensive, but very solid, BOF architecture. If they do price it above the Flex, good luck selling them.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I think the explorer will be slightly cheaper than a similarly equipped Jeep Grand Cherokee. Ford has the advantage of platform sharing. The explorer shares its platform with the Taurus. Furthermore, making the explorer more expensive will bring it to MKT territory.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

^ & ^^
well the Explorer will have that new Terrain Management on some models which the Flex won't (afaik)...

...I hope that the Explorer will have the HUGEST price-range of Any Ford,
seeing as they want to move up-market while not alienating more traditional customers,
so a base Explorer wouldn't be much-if-any more than a base Edge (just skip a few features)
while the top-of-the-line + every Every option would EQUAL the top Flex + every option
OR
be even a tiny bit More (not counting that the Flex probably won't have MyFordTouch for another year)
imho
the key-phrase for the Explorer better be a true "KING of all trades"

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

^ & ^^
well the Explorer will have that new Terrain Management on some models which the Flex won't (afaik)...

...I hope that the Explorer will have the HUGEST price-range of Any Ford,
seeing as they want to move up-market while not alienating more traditional customers,
so a base Explorer wouldn't be much-if-any more than a base Edge (just skip a few features)
while the top-of-the-line + every Every option would EQUAL the top Flex + every option
OR
be even a tiny bit More (not counting that the Flex probably won't have MyFordTouch for another year)
imho
the key-phrase for the Explorer better be a true "KING of all trades"
The Explorer wil have many features the Flex dont have: MyFord new connectivity sistem, the new terrain management suspension and traction control, the new inflatable rear seatbelts, more offroad capabilities. Definitly, the Explorer will top the Flex price range.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exhaustive tests, uncompromising approach give 2011 ford explorer world-class craftsm

When designers at Ford’s product development center sat down to sketch out the new 2011 Explorer, the team had a clear objective: Deliver a sleek, modern package, while maintaining the rugged looks of an SUV. But no matter what direction they took the new design, there was one thing that could not be compromised: craftsmanship.

More...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ford Offers (Yet Another) Glimpse of 2011 Explorer's Interior & 2 Videos w/ Exterior

In less than a week's time, on Monday July 26, the teasing will finally be over with the unveiling of the completely redesigned for 2011, Ford Explorer. But until then, Ford will continue to offer sneak peeks of its car-based crossover through pictures and videos.This time, the Dearborn-based automaker released a photograph of Jennifer Brace who...

More...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Mike Rowe gives us a HeadsUp before the Reveal

Tweeted by Ford a few hours ago
is a video from Mike Rowe who will be in Herald Square Monday morning for the Explorer reveal.
He said he'd go there the night before to see if he can get a jump on the info
and will post it on the Explorer Facebook site.

Here's the video on Youtube that tells us ALL he 'knows' so far... ...nuttin - nada - bupkus :toetap:
...says HE hasn't even seen a full photo yet either

edit/&
since he's talking about Monday
and since an employee who saw the presentation at the Product Development Center is under embargo until Monday too
doesn't sound to me like anything will be on Facebook this Thursday/Friday
:pout:
tho I'll still be looking...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts