Ford Inside News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ahead of its official debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, Volvo has revealed its Concept Coupe that shows off the design direction of Thomas Ingenlath, Senior Vice President Design at Volvo Car Group.

The Volvo Concept Coupe is essentially a preview into the future design direction of the Swedish automaker that hopes to deliver more emotion to the brand. The concept is actually the first of three concept cars the automaker plans on revealing in the near future in order to show off the design possibilities created by the automaker’s new Scalable Product Architecture (SPA).

Volvo’s SPA aims to allow the automaker to create the “great proportions that are important to achieve a premium look,” according to Ingenlath. But most importantly, since the Concept Coupe is essentially a design study, future Volvos will be characterized by the distinctive iron mark in the floating grille, flanked by the T-shaped DRL lights.

“The larger bonnet with its new topography, the beltline spanning an elegant bow along the whole car and the sharpened shoulder connecting with the new rear light are other important design signatures.”

Look for more information on the Volvo Concept Coupe when it makes its official debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...-previews-brands-future-style-new-models.html

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Beautiful!!

I'm curious though, is it RWD, or F/AWD with longitudinally mounted engines? Look at the length between the front edge of the door to the back of the wheel, that is how you build a good looking car!! Please Lincoln, build cars with traditional long hoods again!!!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
"Thought to preview the next-generation C70, as an added bonus the concept is powered by a turbocharged and supercharged 4-cylinder, which also happens to be a plug-in hybrid, delivering 400 hp."

and
I bet it's VirtualAWD too

ie electrics drive one pair of wheels, petrol drives the other pair: no mechanical linkage

re: the styling: mostly P1900

the plumb-bob vertical grille

& odd HLs :unsure:
sure don't stretch any envelopes...

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Is a nice, very good looking and strong design. The details are beautiful: look at the wheel arches, the jewerly headlamps, the elegant and good tasting hard lines on the sides,the inovative C shaped tailligths. But the proportions are completly wrong. The long hood is OK, and sugest a RWD car, but the tail is too long. And the rear overhang too. Inside, the exterior proportions causes an almost useless rear cabin. Is a 2 seat coupe! Extend the roof some inches rearward, cut the rear overhang, make the car more "long hood, short tail" car , and you have a perfect coupe!

The interior is a good design masterpiece: WOW! I want a Lincoln like this!!!

The front fenders reminds me the Evos concept (or the Fusion-Mondeo), that is why i thinked the teaser image last week is about a Lincoln coupe.

The car exudes luxury and upscale sensation. Good job, Volvo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts