Ford Inside News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to auto blog
autoblog said:
It is claimed also that the Volvo logo will also be altered, losing the diagonal bar that spans the grill. Only the circle and arrow -- a stylization of the chemical symbol for iron -- will remain. All of these changes are slated to appear in 2009-10.
This would be the single most stupid thing anyone could ever do to Volvo

Story Link

·
Registered
200 Posts
Exactly. It's like getting rid of BMW's dual kidneys or Jeep's 7-slot grille.
Even if it was an accident, it's genius, and it's part of Volvo's identity.
Everyone who I've talked to it about (some of them Volvo owners)
has had the same response: WHY?! . Getting rid of it would be
STUPID. I disagree with the designers- make it even more prominent.
I like that they're getting rid of the square around the logo, but that
logo belongs between two horizontal bars! NO!!!!

Okay, I admit it, I'm a Volvo faithful(Though I don't like the fact
that they have FWD). :D

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meh

tho I do have an idea to a diagon-alley split grille...
( just re-re-read "HP & the Half-Blood Prince")
What would that be a BMW volvo?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
While the Volvo front looks tired, It would be a HUGE error of judgment to get rid of the bar.
My opinion is they should spice up the front, but keep the bar

·
Registered
14 Posts
Exactly. It's like getting rid of BMW's dual kidneys or Jeep's 7-slot grille.
Even if it was an accident, it's genius, and it's part of Volvo's identity.
Everyone who I've talked to it about (some of them Volvo owners)
has had the same response: WHY?! . Getting rid of it would be
STUPID. I disagree with the designers- make it even more prominent.
I like that they're getting rid of the square around the logo, but that
logo belongs between two horizontal bars! NO!!!!

Okay, I admit it, I'm a Volvo faithful(Though I don't like the fact
that they have FWD). :D

I say volvo should be having a totally new logo and all. I say ditch the entire new logo and use and styleized "V" in the form of the Mazda like logo!

However since Ford is Selling Volvo anyway to get Ford back to the basics, I'd say the new owners might be the ones to create any new logo! I think Jack Nasser or some India company will buy Volvo, then again GM might want them on the cheap since GM lost out to Ford! GM could pair Volvo with Saab and have a powerfull lineup! Or BMW could pair Volvo with Mini!:D :D

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...GM might want them on the cheap since GM lost out to Ford! GM could pair Volvo with Saab and have a powerfull lineup! Or BMW could pair Volvo with Mini!:D :D

I think the only hope for Saab is partnering with Volvo
but maybe Volvo Trucks should buy them both.
(& considering BMW with LandRover and MB with Chrysler - I don't trust any German company to be a good partner)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I say volvo should be having a totally new logo and all. I say ditch the entire new logo and use and styleized "V" in the form of the Mazda like logo!

However since Ford is Selling Volvo anyway to get Ford back to the basics, I'd say the new owners might be the ones to create any new logo! I think Jaques Nasser or some Indian company will buy Volvo, then again GM might want them on the cheap since GM lost out to Ford! GM could pair Volvo with Saab and have a powerfull lineup! Or BMW could pair Volvo with Mini!:D :D
What are you smoking?! Getting rid of the iconic logo (that's been Volvo's logo
since the 20's) will destroy the brand! It's like getting rid of BMW's blue-and-white propeller logo or replacing mercedes' star logo. This isn't Mercury we're talking about! Volvo doesn't need a new logo! Volvo and SAAB?! That's like combining Mercedes and BMW! They're competitors!!!
BTW- Are you Jaques Nasser?

·
Registered
384 Posts

However since Ford is Selling Volvo anyway to get Ford back to the basics, I'd say the new owners might be the ones to create any new logo! I think Jack Nasser or some India company will buy Volvo, then again GM might want them on the cheap since GM lost out to Ford! GM could pair Volvo with Saab and have a powerfull lineup! Or BMW could pair Volvo with Mini!:D :D
No, I don't think I'll have what he's having.:rolleyes:

Removing that bar in the grille will only make the next Volvos look like insurance ad cars, you know what I mean, the ones that were deliberately drawn or modified to be completely anonymous.

Going to all FWD may have improved space efficiency, but it is also a dubious distinction in the upper reaches of the luxury market. If the C30 and S40 make more sense as FWD, the S80 should be RWD and/or AWD. Let's put that lovely inline 6 in the engine bay the way it belongs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts