Ford Inside News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
That has to be one of the quickest roofs in the industry. No easy task btw. Congrats to Ford for making it an engineered focus, and thank you for sharing the video and lol at those who have no clue what is involved with the entire endeavor and chime into this thread to confirm that much for us :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Very nice, it only takes 5 seconds to open or close the soft top. Compared with the Porsche Boxter that takes 10 sec.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
That has to be one of the quickest roofs in the industry. No easy task btw. Congrats to Ford for making it an engineered focus, and thank you for sharing the video and lol at those who have no clue what is involved with the entire endeavor and chime into this thread to confirm that much for us :thumb:
I'm sure that extra couple seconds of sunshine is going to be the difference between getting the sale and not. I would wager that not a single person will buy the new Mustang because of it, and not a single person would have walked away if it took twice as long.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I'm sure that extra couple seconds of sunshine is going to be the difference between getting the sale and not. I would wager that not a single person will buy the new Mustang because of it, and not a single person would have walked away if it took twice as long.
tell ya what, when you one day own a convertible, and a downpour ensues......let us know how little you care if the top needs another 5-10 seconds to close. Been there, done that. Those seconds seem like minutes when you are getting wet. And too, just normal use is nice. It may make the difference in your decision to run into that market for a minute, if to close or not to close. Etc., etc.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
tell ya what, when you one day own a convertible, and a downpour ensues......let us know how little you care if the top needs another 5-10 seconds to close. Been there, done that. Those seconds seem like minutes when you are getting wet. And too, just normal use is nice. It may make the difference in your decision to run into that market for a minute, if to close or not to close. Etc., etc.
I have owned convertibles and I used that old tool called common sense when deciding to go top up or down. Never once got wet, and that old Corvette top was manual.

The work that resulted in this speed may well be impressive, but again, nobody would have passed on the Mustang because the Camaro has a faster top. The only truly important thing about a convertible top is that it give as close to fixed roof comfort in poor weather as is possible.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
^
bravo to you sir.

So in conclusion then, because some have their logical lives in such perfect order, Ford should not have bothered improving this, because it's really no big deal.

Got it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Happy to be off assistance!

·
Registered
607 Posts
I believe I read that it's no longer hydraulic, but fully electric. Right? This is a big deal also for the way it folds so compactly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
beats the '29 Model 'A' roadster that I first had to drive.
So, it looks like the roof automatically locks and unlocks from the windshield header...
NICE...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sat next to an older mustang convertible at a light the other day and compared it to the photos I have seen of the new model. The look of the stowed top on the new one is so much cleaner and neater. Now it actually looks like it was designed to be a convertible. I am looking forward to seeing one in person.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts