Ford Inside News banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
not sure it tells me anything-much that I've asked but
posting an off-topic convo @ BON about CAMO SIGHTINGS
in the most general-thread I could think of...

thinking there must be some powertrain changes on the 2017 Focus, as there a ton of '15+ Styled Foci running around in and out of the pilot plant all the time for the past few weeks, was about 15 on I94 coming in from Ann Arbor on Sunday night all driving in their line with their M-Plates.
I'm assuming the '17 Escape and Fusions/MKZ will start appearing soon with the Job 1 for those in Late March and Early April. LA showing for Escape and MKZ, Detroit for Fusion (and Fusion ST?)

Fusion TT builds have already come off the line at FRAP, and the ones that are out in the open have camo on them

Yeah I've seem the Camo ones around here and there, along with the MKZ. Just not the long lines of them - where they run 10/15 in a line and cruse the freeways of metro Detroit for pothole shock testing. Been seeing a few more of the T6 Rangers around than normal, including one with the facelift, and finally saw the new Everest last week on Oakwood. Also been seeing the new Chinese Taurus, there is something about it that makes it looks like a very expensive car, subdued but classy.

How long ago was that? Those may have come from either Mexico or pilot. The ones we built were only built last week, and AFAIK, most, if not all are still on the grounds at FRAP

MKZ started showing up around 4 months ago, Fusions maybe 3 months. Haven't seen them in and out of the pilot plant yet, just the main engineering campus and the old EEE (I have no idea what it's called now) building. Pilot seems to be Focus and a few new Escapes of late. There's been some strange vehicles out at night in full camo towing, One was a minivan/wagon looking thing and the other was about the size of an Edge but taller both in heavy camo. The other interesting thing was slightly smaller than the C-Max an but more upright with no exhaust system. Saw that a few months ago but haven't seen it recently.
I don't think people actually realize how much real world engineering and testing is done. Computers and such have helped but a lot of durability miles are just them driving cars non stop for days and days all over to get miles on them to see how they hold up in the real world.

I wonder if some of those are related to the "hybrid" line they were considering/are launching?

Those were definitely built at the pilot plant. Just because they aren't going in and out of there regularly doesn't mean anything.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
was doing intensive searching for when I merged my MKElectric & MKEnergi into my LincStang rant(s)
and happened upon

now What I want to KNOW is
WHAT WAS THAT?
we can see it has a Hint of a proto-PLINTH...was it an early Continental/Z clay?
...or...how the MKS2 was going before they revived the Continental Name for it??
...OR...a FUTURE something: AVIATOR???

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
was doing intensive searching for when I merged my MKElectric & MKEnergi into my LincStang rant(s)
and happened upon

now What I want to KNOW is
WHAT WAS THAT?
we can see it has a Hint of a proto-PLINTH...was it an early Continental/Z clay?
...or...how the MKS2 was going before they revived the Continental Name for it??
...OR...a FUTURE something: AVIATOR???
Given how disappointing the MKS work was said to have been this could be it, simply because their is nothing remotely good about it.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I never found the diesel info...

new 3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V6
Ford Link
but
got some other questions
:nerd:

anyone else ever see ^those^ HLs?? ( I have NOT been paying attention )
&
IngotSil–WhtPlat–LightningBlu–OxfordW–Magnetic–RubyRed–WhtGold
ShadowBlk–StoneGry–BluJeans–RaceRed–MagmaRed–Guard–LeadFootGray
Anyone know how many paint colors most paint shops can handle?
wanted to know THAT for a Loooong time...
never seen/noticed 14 before

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts