Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I felt as if he dodged the question because he still is trying to figure what signature fits Lincoln and doesn't want to get people to much details on unfinished projects. His vehicles wont be seen for a while just hope Lincoln or Ford can wait.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Thanks for posting the video, Cobra!
I posted a couple Q's on facebook for MW too - so long ago I don't remember what they were anymore
&
yeah-imho it doesn't do much good for designers to open their mouths
they're not allowed to say what we want to hear anyway

since (my big complaint) 2012cy is a bust = the new Z won'r even be onsale until almost the end
I'm hoping SOMEthing happens in 2013cy
& bummed cuz nothing has been announced or even leaked

even More than for anything New, I *PRAY* that they at least get a consistent design for the grilles by the end of 2013cy
imho
Lincoln's HODGE-PODGE is DISGUSTING
& just getting WORSE if they merely add the Z's ribcage to their current mess!!!
+
+
+
+

wonder if he could change the MK-nomenclature to ... MX or MxW?
re-

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Re: What is Max Wolf signature going to be on Lincoln?

As I said on Facebook... this answers absolutely nothing

·
Registered
997 Posts

Why do we only get bits and pieces of information? Many questions and few answers. The Z concept at Detroit wasn't a running model I would assume being no engines were discussed or shown. Lincoln style chould be fine as long as Max Wolff doesn't turn Lincoln into a Cadillac clone. The more I see the new grill from Lexus (you know with the '61 Plymouth Fury front), the more I prefer the Lincoln grill.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts

imho because so little is happening this year
& they're trying to stretch out every little bit of hype they've got
:toetap:
I really hope we will hear exciting news this year unlike 2011. It is almost like Lincoln doesn't exist. We here way more news about Cadillac. Lincoln looks stupid posting that video on Facebook. It doesn't tell us nothing. What a waste of time!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
thought I should expand what I said before

re-thinking, it's not (exactly) that not much happens before the new Z goes on sale near year's end...
imho
the Lincoln Drive Control IS Big News - but it hasn't been properly publicized yet.
It might be hard to do being it's a system you don't see** and one many drivers may not even notice if they merely 'commute'
plus I don't know if Fomoco-or-Media *will* make comparos against the Audi A8/S8 (& A6/S6) let alone the BMW 7-series (& 5er)...
that^ is what I'd like to see

** speaking of "seeing"
I've recommended having model nomenclature (the dreaded MK-whatever) emblazoned on the front doors/fenders (esp. since it seems with " L I N C O L N " on the trunk, any more lettering back there will dilute the impact (imho) AND since there may not be a Star on the sides anymore)
so
think maybe it makes sense to not only have the model on the side but also have it say:

at least for the first year...to make the point
Major Tom to Drive Control

also!!!
I'd LOVE to know if the Bespoke/Custom Program (that I've posted quite a bit about already)
is EVEN HAPPENING
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
think this would be a case where early announcing would be a Good Thing
IF they include a way for people (not just us weblings) to let their desires be known

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts

thought I should expand what I said before

re-thinking, it's not (exactly) that not much happens before the new Z goes on sale near year's end...
imho
the Lincoln Drive Control IS Big News - but it hasn't been properly publicized yet.
It might be hard to do being it's a system you don't see** and one many drivers may not even notice if they merely 'commute'
plus I don't know if Fomoco-or-Media *will* make comparos against the Audi A8/S8 (& A6/S6) let alone the BMW 7-series (& 5er)...
that^ is what I'd like to see

** speaking of "seeing"
I've recommended having model nomenclature (the dreaded MK-whatever) emblazoned on the front doors/fenders (esp. since it seems with " L I N C O L N " on the trunk, any more lettering back there will dilute the impact (imho) AND since there may not be a Star on the sides anymore)
so
think maybe it makes sense to not only have the model on the side but also have it say:

at least for the first year...to make the point
Major Tom to Drive Control

also!!!
I'd LOVE to know if the Bespoke/Custom Program (that I've posted quite a bit about already)
is EVEN HAPPENING
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
think this would be a case where early announcing would be a Good Thing
IF they include a way for people (not just us weblings) to let their desires be known
The MKZ Concept didn't have a MKZ emblem on the car. I thought that was suspicious. Maybe it will be Zephyr again. As for the Bespoke program, hopefully it will happen on the new MKZ. By now we should of heard more about it.

The 2013 MKX is now on Lincoln.com. We might see a concept version of the new one soon.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ imho the Z Concept didn't have a model nomenclature thingie on it because it's a concept
tho
Lincoln might be playing with the idea of no 'mnt', but I think they HAVE TO have it...

...or the salesmen won't be able to tell which is which EITHER
(
@ Fomoco)

plus, as I've said before,
I've gotten used to the MucK-stuff for F-Awds
(& really enjoy making fun of it every post!!)
imho they'd better leave it alone until they do Rwd

+ imho2
the only name worth bringing back is

...The 2013 MKX is now on Lincoln.com. We might see a concept version of the new one soon.
well I seriously doubt an X-Concept will be at NYC next month
& LAIAS isn't soon to me
+ since that's Lincoln's other bestseller, think it'd be a NAIAS debut
(all I hope for LA is aNOTHER grille change for the S & T...to match whatEVER the production Z gets)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Lincoln should of just left the MKS front alone until a proper redesign could be made. :facepalm:
If Lincoln wants to sale more they cant make hype out of lame products. Lincoln could create hype by releasing more info on Bespoke program.
Ford is on lock down with Lincoln future info that i feel they are killing the brand faster by not giving hope of improvement.

Side note i feel the new rim options on the mks are terrible the previous model rim choices looked better.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
How about if we change this thread into
What SHOULD Max's "signature" be?

Lincoln should of just left the MKS front alone until a proper redesign could be made. :facepalm:
If Lincoln wants to sale more they cant make hype out of lame products. Lincoln could create hype by releasing more info on Bespoke program.
Ford is on lock down with Lincoln future info that i feel they are killing the brand faster by not giving hope of improvement.

Side note i feel the new rim options on the mks are terrible the previous model rim choices looked better.

some days, frequently Most days, it feels like 'Lincoln' is doing everything wrong
('course 'Lincoln' = 'Fomoco re: Lincoln')

the MKS is all new from the A-pillar forward...just not Better (imho)
don't know why they spent the bucks for that

'Lincoln' hype, esp their facebook page and associated content, is driving me crazy.
I really can't say they're wrong with their "World's Most Beautiful THERMOSTAT" stuff since I'm not a trendy-loft or McMansion dweller and maybe those demographics are eating it up?

I'd LOVE to be hearing about a coming Bespoke Program.

Rims are a great example, Cobra. I'd love to see Max create a signature wheel design: gorgeous/unforgetable/yet-refined ...and offer it in sizes for every Lincoln
(as well as spiffing up the other wheels!)

Wonder if Fomoco would let Max create a Design Boutique?
with wheels and grilles and trim pieces that could be specified withOUT buying into a fixed package?
(except for his special colors, in & out)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Lincoln should of just left the MKS front alone until a proper redesign could be made.
I couldn't agreee more. For two years Lincoln has been heralding a rebirth, and people will look at the refreshes of MKS and MKT and think "Is that what we have been waiting for!"

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
adding a new video here - feels like a commercial to me (first half anyway which is all that's loaded for me so far)
...imho
It might be hard to do being it's a system you don't see** and one many drivers may not even notice if they merely 'commute'...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
just found something on Ford.wieck.com
(edit/btw, this is the current ('old') Eucd Mondeo)
Ford Introduces Most Luxurious Mondeo Ever:
Ford introduces most luxurious Mondeo ever, featuring a leather-wrapped instrument panel for the first time on a European Ford car. Range-topping Mondeo Titanium X also includes as standard: full Windsor leather seating, enhanced front-end detailing, LED daytime running lamps and Ford Convers+ advanced control interface with 256-colour TFT screen. Mondeo benefits from improved 2.0-litre TDCi engine, also introduced on the S-MAX and Galaxy; and bringing significant reductions in CO2 emissions and improved fuel consumption. (03/14/12)

so...
- will this be part of the MKZ's Bespoke Program?
or
- will the new Z be an intermediate "Premium-only" model between the mainstream Fusion and Luxury Mondeo?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Of course Lincoln level is not between Fusion and Luxury Mondeo but above them. Being Lincoln isn't planning on going to Europe for the time being anyway, perhaps Lincoln level will be the top-end Mondeo (other Euro Fords as well?) to test reaction? (To find the target customer to be successful?)

The seating design pictured above looks really nice and the light color piping adds some class to the whole look. Lincoln's signature for years has always been the interiors. Look at the late '60's - '90's interiors either standard or option but mostly the optional designs. Stylish, plush, sophisticated, elegant and classy. The 1968 Mark III diamond seating pattern could work well.( or modernize with "star" pattern instead) The same for the "pillow" design that made the Mark IV, V & VI famous.

I think i figured out what the problem is with the MKS design having seen a few on the road while driving. We all talk about the front design but the real problem with the design is the rear fender/trunk area. The rear trunk area needs to extend out more to give a better flow to the overall design rather than end too short as it does now. Adding 6 inches or so to the rear could improve the design. Maybe it would sell better.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I was mainly rabble-rousing*, TurboS40
altho
the Mondeo has gotten the leather dash FIRST!
& I honestly don't know if Lincolns have "leather-match" (ie part vinyl: sides & back) upholstery.
I think i figured out what the problem is with the MKS design having seen a few on the road while driving. We all talk about the front design but the real problem with the design is the rear fender/trunk area. The rear trunk area needs to extend out more to give a better flow to the overall design rather than end too short as it does now. Adding 6 inches or so to the rear could improve the design. Maybe it would sell better.
Agree the back is at least as much of a problem as the front.
Imho (in a chop) I raised the trunk a couple-few inches - to make the greenhouse sleeker and the body flow better

* part of my fiendish plan to make Lincoln
the Most Controversial Luxury Brand in the World

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: What is/should Max Wolff's signature going to be on Lincoln?

belated questions, MKII
- what, if any, new features/options would you like to see on the nextgen Mondeo?
&
- do you think the Mondeo should get All-&-Any features/options that the Lincoln MKZ will-or-should get?
or is it ok with you if stuff is reserved for Lincoln exclusively?

and
finally dug up the Link to where Lincoln invited questions for Max on their facebook page back on Jan.9...
...there MIGHT be another video posted tomorrow :toetap:

(wonder if part of Lincoln's "Problem" is that they're calendar-ly challenged:
thinking 2 MONTHS = "next week"??
)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts