Ford Inside News banner

What technology would you like to see in future Lincolns

• Intelligent drive Autopilot (like the S class)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post your ideas)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I definitely expect 360 Degree cameras to come to most Fords and Lincolns. I should probably look at the spy photos of the Edge to see if there is evidence of a front camera.

Update:

There appears to be a movable flap on the fascia covering, but otherwise not really a firm indication of a front camera. I can only imagine a front-camera would cause some havoc with the design on a Lincoln with the split wing-grille...where do you put it discretely? Afterall, Ford can tuck it in the grille.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Lincoln needs 360 camera at least in their fullsize models, the HUD has to be in all the Lincoln models (a lot of automakers has that, even Cadillac) and the night vision camera will be a great feature for the top models like the MKS, Navi.
Agree DetroitBorg, it would be a bit difficult to see where to put the front camera with the split wing grille that Lincoln has nowm but maybe between some bars of the grille:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I think Lincoln needs 360 camera at least in their fullsize models, the HUD has to be in all the Lincoln models (a lot of automakers has that, even Cadillac) and the night vision camera will be a great feature for the top models like the MKS, Navi.
Agree DetroitBorg, it would be a bit difficult to see where to put the front camera with the split wing grille that Lincoln has nowm but maybe between some bars of the grille:
I suppose they could put it off-center assuming they can find a magical fix for the optics, but it would look a little odd since the module is still quite visible. Maybe they can tuck it in the lower air-damn, but that's awfully low.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I would like to see Lincolns incorporate a heated center console lid, and heated door arm rests as well as part of an optional luxury package.

·
Registered
997 Posts
HUD is great. How about heated brake and gas pedals or heated floor mats? How about heating elements to defrost "All" windows not just the rear window?

Not related but there could be a package which includes snow tires (for locations that get snow in winter) in addition to summer tires that come with the vehicle.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
there are a lot of features/gizmos that I personally think are rather silly
BUT
for LINCOLN, I don't care if they are;
Lincoln needs to offer, at least as an option/package, EVERYthing that MB or Lexoid offer.
(RollsRoyce's not nec. tho it can clue the nextgen stuff)

when I have more time, maybe I'll get into what I believe should be *Standard*...
...a very different question imho

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
360 camera yes.

And while I find this feature silly I think Lincoln should offer power headrests, the competition has it and they do not.

Also I saw a feature on a Maybach which I thought was ingenious. When you open your car door it locks in 3 or 4 positions to keep it from swinging open or closed on you (and it's always either too narrow or too far away from where you want it). On the Maybach it uses magnets (I think) to lock it in any position you stop it at I thought it was pretty cool.

6:28 if you don't know what I am talking about

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also would love to see traffic sign recognition but It could be difficult in the US, maybe in the future when they enter the European market (there even the focus have this system).
I will like to see the Intelligent drive Autopilot in the future Lincolns too, maybe not in a short-term

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
360 camera yes.

And while I find this feature silly I think Lincoln should offer power headrests, the competition has it and they do not.

Also I saw a feature on a Maybach which I thought was ingenious. When you open your car door it locks in 3 or 4 positions to keep it from swinging open or closed on you (and it's always either too narrow or too far away from where you want it). On the Maybach it uses magnets (I think) to lock it in any position you stop it at I thought it was pretty cool.

6:28 if you don't know what I am talking about
this could be a good idea Andrew L, also maybe this:
(not sure if the current Lincolns has this)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I voted other, I'm not a technology for technology's sake kinda guy. I just want Ford/Lincoln to build the best of the best vehicles from a dynamic standpoint. I want to be blown away by the experience of driving such great vehicles, what technological gadgets they add are generally of little interest to me. Guess I'm just on old goat!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I voted other, I'm not a technology for technology's sake kinda guy. I just want Ford/Lincoln to build the best of the best vehicles from a dynamic standpoint. I want to be blown away by the experience of driving such great vehicles, what technological gadgets they add are generally of little interest to me. Guess I'm just on old goat!
you have a interesting point SP1966, agree, Lincoln needs to build a better lineup besides improving tech in their vehicles

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Not necessarily "technology", but I would love to see rear side-window sunshades on more models - not just on the MKT. BMW is basically offering them on every model - and Lincoln should do the same.

Technological features I would like to see: HUD for sure, 360 degree camera and Night Vision would be cool.

I could live without traffic sign recognition because in most cases, the speed limit display currently offered and based on the GPS-data is already quite accurate.

Heated/cooled cup-holders or a little fridge like on the MKT might be worth it, too...

Generally, I'm a huge technology-geek which was another huge deciding-factor when opting for the MKZ.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ YUP :thumb:
side-window sunshades on EVERY model
power rear shades on non-Suvs (should SuvCuvs have side shades between the C & D- pillars? powered&remote?)
&
"The Vision Package"

Andrew said:
And while I find this feature silly I think Lincoln should offer power headrests, the competition has it and they do not...
this is actually something I'd value pretty highly
for me, reaching up to the headrest itself to move it changes my position, so multiple adjustments are needed (& forget about changing it while driving)

another techthing is my "5 mode" control for (plugin)Hybrids (see the Mission)
ponder a version for BEVs too

& my "fully-programmable driver/car interface" :propellerhead:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Oh yes, powered head-rests. I had them on the comfort-seats on my Bimmers and they do come in handy when you have drivers/front passengers of different height. It's a bit annoying when I'm switching seats with my mother who is much shorter than me. The headrests have to be adjusted each and every time. That was no issue on the Bimmer when the headrest-height was part of the memory-setting.

Another nice little feature would be a headlamp washing-system. That's just cool...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not necessarily "technology", but I would love to see rear side-window sunshades on more models - not just on the MKT. BMW is basically offering them on every model - and Lincoln should do the same.

Technological features I would like to see: HUD for sure, 360 degree camera and Night Vision would be cool.

I could live without traffic sign recognition because in most cases, the speed limit display currently offered and based on the GPS-data is already quite accurate.

Heated/cooled cup-holders or a little fridge like on the MKT might be worth it, too...

Generally, I'm a huge technology-geek which was another huge deciding-factor when opting for the MKZ.
agree LincolnFanFL, they need to offer more rear side Windows sunshades in all the models, even the Honda Pilot has that (the Touring model)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts