Ford Inside News banner

Why did Lincoln discontine the 2015 MKZ Hybrid?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  rhallanger 
#1 ·
And it is only March? I was looking to order an MKZ Hybrid and the Sales Team was not aware it had been discontinued.

They told me there is a 2016 MKZ Hybrid, but it too could not be ordered at this time?

What is going on a Lincoln?

#2 ·
#5 ·
I order for my dealership. Final orders for 2015 Lincoln MKZ were due weeks ago. 2016 Retail orders are now starting to schedule and shipments to dealers will start once "ok to buy" is achieved. Who ever told you that 16s can't be ordered yet is just trying to stick you into something on hand. IMHO Go elsewhere.

Mark

#6 ·
Link: OrderGuide thread

Timf :thumb: got the Z's OG for us back on Jan.28
&
as Bloggin posted, "2016 MKZ Production Start Date: 4/6/15. 2015 MKZ had a later 7/21/14 productions start date. Which means it will have an even shorter 9 months model year..."
Donlen still shows Apr6.....
Mschmal, doesn't ""Ok-to-ship"" always come after Job1?
(( I've heard about the "5(?) days no-prob production" 'rule' ))
or
could Job1 have been moved up a bit?

also
Lincoln, (Welcome! :joyous:) the 2016my MKZ will also get the "EcoSelect button located in center console will allow the vehicle to operate more efficiently with less aggressive heating and cooling, softer acceleration, more regenerative breaking, changes in engine behavior and EcoCruise control activation."

aside/RANT:
I really wish they'd go ahead and do a mkZENergi without waiting for the refresh next modelyear

#7 ·
I am planning on ordering a 2016 MKZ in a couple of weeks.. probably around April 11.. I have noticed on the various car build sites they have listed the 2016 Fusion to build but nothing on the MKZ.. I am hoping maybe, by the time they build mine.. maybe sync 3 will be starting.. time will tell.. but even if not.. I will still be happy!!:clap:

#8 ·
I am planning on ordering a 2016 MKZ in a couple of weeks.. probably around April 11.. I have noticed on the various car build sites they have listed the 2016 Fusion to build but nothing on the MKZ.. I am hoping maybe, by the time they build mine.. maybe sync 3 will be starting.. time will tell.. but even if not.. I will still be happy!!:clap:
I'm glad NYC will be underway before you pull the trigger, RH:
/(wic)
but
WHAT IF
the 2017my MKZ is actually available by the end of Jan.2016? ...-ish?
&
Which drivetrain are you planning on getting??
any chance of [BL]???

#9 ·
I met with a dealer. The 2015 in not available to order.

I followed up with the Lincoln Concierge - she acknowledged that Lincoln had not made an announcement (yet).

Thank you.

The 2015 Lincoln MKZ final order date was 1/22/15. Lincoln loaded up on dealer inventory of 2015 MKZ Hybrid models with over 2100 available today. Orders for 2015 MKZ Hybrid were supposed to start 2/2/15 with production start on 4/6/15.

The only thing I can think of as it relates to the 2016 MKZ Hybrid is the new EcoSelect option for the Hybrid that may also require additional EPA mpg certification. I would expect Lincoln to wait for the EPA to do the official certification to avoid any issues. Until that happens window stickers can't be printed and cars can't be sold.

2016 Fusion Hybrid gets the same EcoSelect option and may be in the same situation. Final orders for 2015 Fusion Hybrid was on 1/29/15 with production start also scheduled on 4/6/15.

Anyone know if the 2016 Fusion Hybrid can be ordered now?

But wait....don't we have an auto show on 4/3/15? There may be some news about hybrid drivetrains coming, which could explain why 2016 hybrid orders are on 'hold'.

#10 ·
I would like to get BL.. but.. guess I gotta watch the $$ and because of the extra goodies that come with the option, I wouldn't get much use.
the refresh may have the buttons and knobs, which on the MKZ just wouldn't look right IMO, I definitely like the current look.. then again if there were shots of the refreshed look, maybe it would change my mind... so I will wait til then and see what comes out in NY.. since the auto show in MPLS was a disaster with the knowledge base pretty much non existent for Lincoln.. didn't even know about the early changeover..

Rick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.