1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
This article is nauseating. Ford´s sales "tanked" because decline 4,1%.... and Honda´s sales that decline 4,3%, what? Tanked a lot?

Nauseating article.... bullshi-

:mad:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Here was June sales numbers.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks! Looks like the Fiesta and Fusion saved the day! Which is kinda hilarious considering those 2 wont be around next year....

·
Registered
320 Posts
This article is nauseating. Ford´s sales "tanked" because decline 4,1%.... and Honda´s sales that decline 4,3%, what? Tanked a lot?

Nauseating article.... bullshi-

Hmm not really, it’s reality....

I agree, Honda sales also tanked, Hyundai and Kia were likely the ones to win from it.

Honda’s problem are deep too - they need a refreshed CRV and Civic asap to help fight the 1.5T engine issue that has caused a bit of a damage to their reputation...

Nissan....well Nissan is pretty much like Ford right now, no fresh product, some ‘coming’ ‘will be here someday’.....

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Thanks! Looks like the Fiesta and Fusion saved the day! Which is kinda hilarious considering those 2 wont be around next year....
Fusion is reportedly sticking around until 2022 or 2023 now.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I dont think Ford is super concerned with the number of vehicles sold, rather they want the higher transaction prices.

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clearly Ford has work to do, but I think many are like me awaiting new products. I turned in my lease months ago, driving my daughters hand me down older Fusion, lol, as I await which direction to go with either the new Bronco or mini, both of which are exciting and fresh for Ford. Escape and Explorer are a similar story for others I bet, who are tired of the old vehicles, waiting for fresh. I reckon volumes will go down for both Escape and Explorer with the Bronco/ mini available. But volumes mean squat - by themselves. Margin and profit is the goal. Ford only cares about volumes on key products, as bragging rights. F series for example.

If you think about the billions saved by not investing in low margin all new sedan platforms for NA, you quickly realize that allows more capital to be spent of all these high margin products to make them even more competitive, as they ride out the direction and speed of BEV. I also hope they bring the Puma style to the EcoSport intact, and give the tired old Edge the same sort of look. When complete, I see little downside in Ford's plan.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Clearly Ford has work to do, but I think many are like me awaiting new products. I turned in my lease months ago, driving my daughters hand me down older Fusion, lol, as I await which direction to go with either the new Bronco or mini, both of which are exciting and fresh for Ford. Escape and Explorer are a similar story for others I bet, who are tired of the old vehicles, waiting for fresh. I reckon volumes will go down for both Escape and Explorer with the Bronco/ mini available. But volumes mean squat - by themselves. Margin and profit is the goal. Ford only cares about volumes on key products, as bragging rights. F series for example.

If you think about the billions saved by not investing in low margin all new sedan platforms for NA, you quickly realize that allows more capital to be spent of all these high margin products to make them even more competitive, as they ride out the direction and speed of BEV. I also hope they bring the Puma style to the EcoSport intact, and give the tired old Edge the same sort of look. When complete, I see little downside in Ford's plan.
‘Bragging rights’ — very interesting, just a few years ago Ford was bragging about having the best selling sedan, best selling compact sedan, best selling midsize SUV and best selling truck!!

Competition has crushed them out of all the markets they had bragging rights....there’s only one left now, all to focus on profits and margins hey?!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
‘Bragging rights’ — very interesting, just a few years ago Ford was bragging about having the best selling sedan

1996 is a few years ago?

·
Registered
320 Posts
‘Bragging rights’ — very interesting, just a few years ago Ford was bragging about having the best selling sedan

1996 is a few years ago?
Nope,
1996 Ford lost the sedan title to Toyota (then Honda, Nissan, GM...and now they are out of it)
2014 Ford lost the compact suv title to Toyota (and then Honda, Nissan and GM...with Jeep knocking on the door to take on the 5th spot)
2019 Ford is poised to lose the mid size SUV title to Toyota

See the trend?!

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope,
1996 Ford lost the sedan title to Toyota (then Honda, Nissan, GM...and now they are out of it)
2014 Ford lost the compact suv title to Toyota (and then Honda, Nissan and GM...with Jeep knocking on the door to take on the 5th spot)

See the trend?!
Correlation is not causation.

The pie got more and more slices, you friggin twit. For everyone. Koreans, Germans, Swedes.....you name it, everyone got involved with CUV's and sedans.

Ford will soon have a very compelling, exciting and competitive SUV/CUV choice in every size and shape. All of which will be profitable.

Nuff said.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Nope,

See the trend?!

When I see your post, I see an automobile company that innovate and is a pioneer in some markets and, after that, another companys get to claim their part of the market. And that market need to be distributed in many parts (americans, europeans, japaneses, koreans...).

1996. The Ford Taurus, that in 1986 made a revolution in the midsize sedan segment , suffers the consequences of the competition that is updated in this segment. More and better designed sedans flooded this market.

2014. The Ford Escape, that born in 2000 as an innovative new type of compact crossover , faces the competition of tens of compacts crossovers from America, Europe, Japan and Korea. In 2020 it will be prepared , better than ever, to compete in this field.

2019. The Explorer, the very first succesfull midsize SUV, face a fierce competition in this market and get a different aproach to convince customers: RWD platform, upmarket amenities, powerfull powerplants, high tech equipment, higher price. Of course, will sell less units, but with higher profits for Ford.

And you forgot another segment, the big luxury SUV , wich was invented (if you dont count the Range Rover, which is actually a medium-sized luxury SUV of another type) by Lincoln with the Navigator in 1998. This very first big Luxury SUV was followed by similars from GMC, Cadillac, europeans and japaneses brands, that take their part of this new market. Today, the Navigator is doing a new revolution ( with umprecedent interior design and quality and powerfull advanced powerplants) in this market and gaining new customers.

</pre>

</pre>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts