Ford Inside News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wikipedia Article for Lincoln Navigator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Navigator#Third_generation_.282007.E2.80.932013.29

Article found on GM Inside News

The next generation Lincoln Navigator will not be a repackaged Ford Expedition as the previous generations were. The new Navigator will be designed by a new Lincoln design team that also designed the new 2013 MKZ. It will be completely new and will feature new engines (5.0, 3.5 Ecoboost and/or 6.2), new interior and exterior and performance upgrades. The new Navigator will be introduced in 2013 as a 2014 model year along with a new compact crossover. Ford hopes that sales will increase to 32,000 sales a year, around the same as the Cadillac Escalade.

·
Registered
997 Posts
That would mean an LA Auto Show 2013 intro IF this information is true. AND ready to sell with the MKC sounds too wishful. I would think we get the Navi Concept first.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
That would mean an LA Auto Show 2013 intro IF this information is true. AND ready to sell with the MKC sounds too wishful. I would think we get the Navi Concept first.
I agree with you TurboS40, first the Navigator Concept, and then the production model
But I think Lincoln needs a new mkc, mks and mkx first, they need models thats sell more than the navigator

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use to see Navigators all over the place, not anymore though not even at the dealership I drive past every day. It seems like the focus should be on the MKC, once that is doing well then the navigator.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ LOL..."nolo contendere" means "I didn't do it", right?

^^^^ Jose, we heard once-removed insider info that the MKX will be coming "soon"/next-after-the-MKC

the nextgen lighter F-150 WAS due Q3 2014 per an online document
MAYBE that's changed?
I'm still expecting the n.g. Navi to be F-based
(tho I was ranting for it to be on a GRwdP along with a new Aviator/Territory & Continental)
Wonder if a grille-lift could get mistaken for the nextgen?
...but then they'd prolley hafta do a pushbotton trannie

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
^ LOL..."nolo contendere" means "I didn't do it", right?

^^^^ Jose, we heard once-removed insider info that the MKX will be coming "soon"/next-after-the-MKC

the nextgen lighter F-150 WAS due Q3 2014 per an online document
MAYBE that's changed?
I'm still expecting the n.g. Navi to be F-based
(tho I was ranting for it to be on a GRwdP along with a new Aviator/Territory & Continental)
Wonder if a grille-lift could get mistaken for the nextgen?
...but then they'd prolley hafta do a pushbotton trannie
so the mkX is next? :smile:
Anyway I want the next Navigator to be the best luxury suv

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Although IMHO the horizontal grill won´t fit well on the Navigator, it needs another grill
...just imagining the MKC face from your avatar on a Navi, think it might be OK - for a while
but
I wish the LDC team would come up with a more 'flexible' style-theme so they could have grilles (& other graphics) that would look RELATED yet INDIVIDUAL for each model
(part of what I was trying for with my Z chops in Mission:Lincoln)

turning the rather "rigid" vertical slats sideways is still just as "rigid" & with the split-wing Requirement, even the overall shape has less flexibility than the traditional classic-radiator grille which could be/was squarish thru curvy over the years

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
...just imagining the MKC face from your avatar on a Navi, think it might be OK - for a while
but
I wish the LDC team would come up with a more 'flexible' style-theme so they could have grilles (& other graphics) that would look RELATED yet INDIVIDUAL for each model
(part of what I was trying for with my Z chops in Mission:Lincoln)

turning the rather "rigid" vertical slats sideways is still just as "rigid" & with the split-wing Requirement, even the overall shape has less flexibility than the traditional classic-radiator grille which could be/was squarish thru curvy over the years
you are right 2b2, the front of the mkc would look great on the navigator, the mkt needs it front more :smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts