Ford Inside News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about it...

1. We have been seeing camoed cars for a while now. Pre-production mules don't usually run around like that until the production launch is near.

2. Pebble Beach Concours is all about luxury. It also has the swanky crowd that Lincoln so desperately needs to resonate with.

3. NAIAS, the formerly presumed venue of the Continental's debut, is still 6 months away. Would camoed cars frequently be running around that long before the launch?

4. This thread from Blue Oval News mentions a September shutdown at Flat Rock to prepare for the Continental. An August debut, September shutdown, and early 2016 production date makes perfectly logical sense. A 4-5 month unveil to production time frame is pretty typical for Ford.

Here is the thread: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59130-conti-production-likely-to-move-to-flat-rock/

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...September shutdown at Flat Rock to prepare for the Continental. An August debut, September shutdown, and early 2016 production date makes perfectly logical sense...
yup :thumb:
(imhO, PBC = ContiConc, not production)
&
was just talking about PBC earlier today

google says I'm 321.5 mi from there

what I want to know is if any of the cars can been seen without an invitation or high-priced** entrance fee?

** finally googled
"General Admission tickets to the 2015 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, August 16, are $300 in advance or $350 on day of show."

more info I found while torturing myself:
Automotive Fine Arts Society (AFAS) Exhibition

The latest creations of the finest automotive artists of our day are displayed annually at the Automotive Fine Arts Society (AFAS) Exhibition — located right on the show field of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
August 16
9:00 a.m – 4:30 p.m Exhibition
Concours ticket required for admittance

...The Infinity Division of Nissan became the AFAS sponsor in 1991 at Pebble Beach. From 1996 to the present, the Pebble Beach exhibit has been sponsored by the Lincoln Division of the Ford Motor Company. Mercedes Benz began sponsorship of AFAS's second show at the Amelia Island Concours in 1998. It has been sponsored by Mazda for the past several years...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I believe you are rigth. The timming is perfect for an early 2017 MY debut. What is Cadillac preparing this year for Peeble Beach?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I'd prefer that Lincoln reveals the production Continental at an exclusive Lincoln owners event.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts