Ford Inside News banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
One video showed the cargo area, and said it only had I think 22cu in. of space (49 with seats down). Is that too small for the class?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't like the front end, but it strikes a handsome profile. Rear end looks good, too.

This profile -- mostly he DLO - is straight up unacceptable for a luxury car. it's so terrible with that face triangle in the c-pillar. That is OK on a Kia Rio, acceptable on a Cruze, but on a 40k Cadillac -- absolutely not.

Reminds me of a similarly unacceptable shape on the BMW 2series cross tourer (aka .. BMW's C-max)

Simply low-rent and terrible.

PS: That said -- the rest of the car looks fine and attractive, but that DLO shape ... ugh

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
this profile -- mostly he dlo - is straight up unacceptable for a luxury car. It's so terrible with that face triangle in the c-pillar. That is ok on a kia rio, acceptable on a cruze, but on a 40k cadillac -- absolutely not.

Reminds me of a similarly unacceptable shape on the bmw 2series cross tourer (aka .. Bmw's c-max)

simply low-rent and terrible.

Ps: That said -- the rest of the car looks fine and attractive, but that dlo shape ... Ugh
the ultimate driving machine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ugly? No. Beautiful? No. Anonymous? Yes. It doesn't look expensive. Other than the front fascia, it doesn't even look like a Cadillac. If anything, it looks like the return of the Saturn nameplate.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
The XT4 looked familiar as soon as I saw it.....

Ford Edge with a different front end. But then again, most of the CUV/SUV boxes all start to look the same, which is why this trend won't last very long, as consumers will want something 'different' for their next vehicle, and it would be smart for Ford to offer a 2-row and 3-row wagon(SUW) version of the next gen Fusion/MKZ and Taurus/Continental.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think the the issue with the XT4 is that its so bland, maybe that will change once I see one in person. Just once people are buying them in non orange colors they are just going to blend it. That and I find Cadillac styling to be a bit stagnant. They've used the same basic design language with tweaks since 2002.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts