·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
It's really not that bad looking. I can understand why Cadillac didn't branch out too much from the 'long in the tooth' but hot selling SRX. I just hope this new XT5 ages well and doesn't appear out of date too soon.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I don't know what to think yet, my first reaction is that it looks blocky, stubby, and too close to a Buick.

That said the design has some crisp lines which gives the car a more technical and precision look than something like the soft and curvy MKX. It has a strong visual connection to the previous generation.

I'm not a fan of the giant shield grille but I need to see this car in more photos to get a sense of the sculpture and materials.

It'll be a huge success unless they pull a CTS again.

Regarding sales, the smaller SRX has always been available at a much cheaper price than MKX which certainly contributes to the difference. I'm assuming the new XT5 has moved up in size and pricing, not to mention the name change comes with a customer change.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I actually really like the front end styling but the whole look of the back is unattractive. The MKX seems to be the better looking of the two.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
It looks Techy and Sporty...not so much Luxury. It would have made a nice Pontiac.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I'm not feeling it, it's an odd combination of styling without an cohesion and that belt line is stupid high! I honestl would place this near the bottom of it's segment in looks. MKX is way better looking!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm not sure about the grill and I can see the "Buick" in it as well.

With that being said, I like it! I'm a huge fan of the 1st gen SRX, hate the 2nd gen, so this looks like it'll be a huge improvement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Front end is dramatic but I don't know if thats a good thing, the back looks rather bland, the over all look of it is still to close to the Enclave.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

I like both but I personally prefer the Caddy's more contemporary design language, the 'arc' to the body lines which just looks more dramatic and ties the design together well. The MKX design certainly appeals in a different way, I wouldn't describe it as my personal preference since it's a little too 'soft' and the rear of the car has too many clashing surfaces that make the back-end boxy and inconsistently with the rest of the design. I do like the MKX front-end better, although that's not staying very long.

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
People who like the SRX will like this, and it will outsell everything on the Alpha and Omega platforms
It puzzles me that GM didn't think about utilities when they were engineering Alpha and Omega, especially considering Cadillac's mission.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts